advertisement

System pics 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lefty

Would be interesting to hear your opinion on the Heed Quasar compared to the P300.
I sold my NVA Phono2 after receiving the L300/P300, felt like the P300 was well ahead of the NVA...

cheers
Mattias

It's certainly making for an interesting comparison. Surprisingly, I've already decided that I don't like the phono enhancer mode on the P300, even though I've got a DV cart. By contrast, I loved the phono enhancer mode on my P75mkII.

The P300 is really tight, dynamic and propulsive, but I feel it's perhaps a bit dry for my taste. It also emphasises surface noise.

The Heed has a more mature and full bodied sound by comparison.

Time will tell the eventual winner.

Lefty

This was January 2010. :confused: Clueless.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/jasnev/Hi Fi and Horology/SystempicFeb2010sitting.jpg

Sold the Dyn C1, Sub, Bel Canto Ref 1000, SS pre, back loaded horn speakers.
Kept the ESL 57 and now sporting long legs.

This is now. A 3 way horn speakers ( Azura horn with Coral beta 8 for mid, Diy bass cab and Fostex T500Amk2 horn tweeters). I had gone from 1000 watt class D/inefficient box speakers to 2-3.5 watt SET/horns and there's no going back now. Costed a fraction of the Dyn but much more dynamic, engaging and satisfying.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/jasnev/Hi Fi and Horology/Coral3wayDec10.jpg

Sold the TW Raven 1 , pocketed the $ and put together a fancy Lenco with heavy duty custom bearing.No regret.:)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/jasnev/Hi Fi and Horology/Lenco/LencoDDT3PTomahawk.jpg

JASPERT

That looks like no Golding Lenco that I've ever had or seen; not even the base-plate look familiar, and as for the platter....... Is this a DIY hybrid from several decks?

Without any experience (of the Raven One), I find it difficult to believe that the Lenco contraption (? not rude, just looking for the right noun.;) performs better than the Raven, given the same and cart., of course.

The latest addition to the rack!

IMG00107-20101223-1832.jpg

I think you've gone down the right road there Jaspert! But I still think you've got some streamlining to do on the TT front though;)

Cheers guys. After deciding on the diy horns, it was frustrating putting the speakers together over a few months but it's very satisfying now.

Streamlining of TTs? And arms, cartridges... Yes, i'm trying to do that slowly. Apart from TW Raven 1, I had also sold my Thorens 124mk2, LP12/IttokLVii. Only problem is i'd replaced them with something like Exclusive P3.:p
My wife is very tolerant but she would be so happy if I can get rid of them all.:D

Now that Transfi T3 Pro with silver wired Tomahawk wand is very good, one of my favourite arms. A true bargain from Vic. I'd tried it on the TW Raven 1 too and I like the combination a lot, may be even more than the Phantom II/TW.

Mike,
Not much original Lenco bits left in that machine,just the motor and 2 platters plus a few small bits. It's a work in progress , still waiting for a motor controller for the motor and a proper rack for it. TW R1 has just a touch lower noise floor with the same arm and cartridges, more speed stable with its controller but not much in it otherwise. I do like the TW but i don't need another belt drive since I have a Micro Seiki RX-5000 too so I sold the black
bird.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ooh...that's a stunning 124 Gerard, very nice indeed. Is that a DL110 in the 3009? If so, is it a happy match? I'm after a different cartridge at the moment, one which will work in both the non-imp 3009 in my TD150 and in the Rega P7.

Thanks Grommit, Yes cartridge is a Denon DL-110 my first ever attempt at installing a cartridge! assuming I have set it up correctly :eek: I am very pleased with it

Had a decent listening session yesterday. After adding a Graham Slee Era Gold Reflex M phono pre-amp and a little LED Chrome light.

DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

Before

DSCN1013-1.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

looks like a nice maestro wood you have there, whaddya think of it?

Had a decent listening session yesterday. After adding a Graham Slee Era Gold Reflex M phono pre-amp and a little LED Chrome light.

DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

Before

DSCN1013-1.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back