advertisement

Superb cables on a budget

Well since this has gone off the rails...

Would they suffer less cable theft is they used Amazon Basics cables?

As Joe Hutch is getting literary, I hope I will be allowed to misquote Miss Austen :) :

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of an expensive set of audio cables."

As Joe Hutch is getting literary, I hope I will be allowed to misquote Miss Austen :) :

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of an expensive set of audio cables."
Love that quote.

...let's await the thread invasion... it's all in the aligned nano structure, of the electron depleted, magnetic copper, polished to let the electrons glide, defeating the natural repelling forces, ensuring no music DNA is lost...
Yes. It's regrettable that the usual suspects just won't be tolerant of positive user views on inexpensive cables; even if such views are not what the audio industry might prefer to promote to its customers.

Yes. It's regrettable that the usual suspects just won't be tolerant of positive user views on inexpensive cables; even if such views are not what the audio industry might prefer to promote to its customers.
It's not about tolerable...if you own a halfway decent hifi, the failings in inexpensive cabling show up like a sore thumb..however if your half deaf or use your prejudices or graphs and measurements to listen for you? Isn't that regrettable too?

The exact reverse applies, not only about cables but also digital sources and dacs, the “usual suspects” roll out their boilerplate answers without any consideration the OP may have actually heard a difference, in effect they are told it’s all in their heads or unless they do the demo double blind it’s invalid.

As long as the cables are fit for purpose that’s it, everything else is charlatanism.
Keith
A matsui midi system can play music..then the matsui is fit for that purpose..who wants to listen to a matsui? Same with "inexpensive cables " the only people who rave about these cables are people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing!
The inherent value of a decent cable having the ability to hear more...these penny pinchers will have none of it and of course they won't hear much of it either! Their loss but also their victory..all that money saved! I can see their faces now glowing with smugness...there is nothing finer than idiots smiling...

advertisement

Back