advertisement

Suella Braverman hits a new low

OK. I'll take that. But he's one case who sounds like he has squandered opportunities. Many others never had, or knew how to realise, opportunities.
I spent 30 years working with young people. I know how govt. deliberately and routinely fails people.
I' ll take that too. Thanks

Can someone tell me how she can link herself with far right groups and demonize migrants to the UK, when her own parents...

from wikipedia...

She (Braverman) is the daughter of Uma (née Mootien-Pillay) and Christie Fernandes,[2] both of Indian origin,[3][4] who immigrated to Britain in the 1960s from Mauritius and Kenya respectively.

How does that even work? Does she not know the "Rivers of Blood" speech?
I find it completely baffling. A few years ago this would have seemed to ridiculous an idea for a political satire, now it's actual reality!

She just comes across as such a horrible human being.

And yet……

The thing that really saddens and worries me, is that she has risen to the top of our political system.

along with Johnson, Rees Mog, Gove, Hancock etc etc etc. it’s a long list !!!!

I accept it’s a democracy, but how on earth do folks of this quality rise to the top. Their failings are obvious to all.
"I accept it’s a democracy, but how on earth do folks of this quality rise to the top. Their failings are obvious to all."

Because that's what happens in big business?

Many don't see this as they're in positions unaffected by those who believe:

"...shit always rolls downhill..."

See also 'I'm alright Jack'...

She's trying to get sacked so she can start her campaign for taking the leadership after next election, then she can become Britain's Georgia Meloni, Viktor Orban, Marie Le Pen.

Can someone tell me how she can link herself with far right groups and demonize migrants to the UK, when her own parents...

from wikipedia...

She (Braverman) is the daughter of Uma (née Mootien-Pillay) and Christie Fernandes,[2] both of Indian origin,[3][4] who immigrated to Britain in the 1960s from Mauritius and Kenya respectively.

I find it completely baffling. A few years ago this would have seemed to ridiculous an idea for a political satire, now it's actual reality!

Because total lack of humanity.

Pehaps because of the Indian heritage. If her parents brought her up in am old fashioned indian environment, she would have been educated to believe firmly in class, position, worth and etc. Look up 'untouchables'.
Still to this day, a thing in certain sectors of Indian society.
Roadsweepers only exist to clean roads. They have no other value at all.

Pehaps because of the Indian heritage. If her parents brought her up in am old fashioned indian environment, she would have been educated to believe firmly in class, position, worth and etc. Look up 'untouchables'.
Still to this day, a thing in certain sectors of Indian society.
Roadsweepers only exist to clean roads. They have no other value at all.
The antiquated and outdated 'class system' also exists in the UK though, doesn't it.

Coupled with a toxic individualism, that's pretty much why the UK is in the shit.

Is Braverman trying to get sacked? Some Tory insiders think so

Rajeev Syal and Rowena Mason
Ex-ministers and backbenchers suggest home secretary’s stream of provocative comments may be part of a future leadership strategy

Another former Tory frontbencher said Braverman’s decision to make statements that have not been signed off by No 10 shows that Sunak is weak. “She is employing a self-preservation strategy which is not going down well inside the parliamentary party outside of the 40 or so MPs who might support her.”

Of course she is. She is positioning herself as the next Tory Leader safe in the knowledge that Sunak will be resigning after the next election and she will be Prime Minister in 18 months or so after she’s got rid of Starmer.

The antiquated and outdated 'class system' also exists in the UK though, doesn't it.

Coupled with a toxic individualism, that's pretty much why the UK is in the shit.
It does. but less set set in concrete. Even the most stupid of the posh have some minute sense of concern. Maybe about 5 seconds a year, when one of the estate workers is injured, and just before the shooting party agree that 'he' must have been careless.
"I mean. James' you can't be blamed really, he just appeared! Anyway, they are sturdy stock. Anyone for another brandy"?

Of course she is. She is positioning herself as the next Tory Leader safe in the knowledge that Sunak will be resigning after the next election and she will be Prime Minister in 18 months or so after she’s got rid of Starmer.
Yes, but yesterday morning it was a timely piece ;)

It does. but less set set in concrete. Even the most stupid of the posh have some minute sense of concern. Maybe about 5 seconds a year, when one of the estate workers is injured, and just before the shooting party agree that 'he' must have been careless.
"I mean. James' you can't be blamed really, he just appeared! Anyway, they are sturdy stock. Anyone for another brandy"?
Perhaps so with the 'old money' set; thing is 'class' can be bought now, can't it.

And it's those who I'm referring to, really. 😎

from wikipedia...

She's also a Buddhist. Hard to believe, I know.

Because Buddhism has rules, guidelines and principles to adhere to. Strict and unbending.
There are no half buddhists and if you live outside those principles, your life has no value.
You are
inconsiderable.

Practising?
I mean
really

I don't know. But Wiki states she's a member of the sect formerly known as the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order (FWBO).

Can't blame Braverman on the FWBO, though. I learned to meditate at their centre in Manchester many years ago and it didn't do me any harm.

advertisement

Back