advertisement

Suella Braverman hits a new low

I like the term virtue squalor. It could be used to describe certain attitudes well.
I m glad you do ! . Haha, virtual ! Has destroyed his life through stupidity though. When they announced the death of
Sinead O Conner ha actually spat at the screen !!

Well, take my brother in law for example. He sold his inherited flat in Hampstead ( 500.000 ) to go down the drugs route.
Was a lovely bloke now he s a broken man living in virtue squalor, just above street level. He made that choice !!
With other people I know its not their fault. But let's not make out its always the government to blame for everything.
So you justify your comment with a sample of one, who actually isn't living in a tent.FFS.

Last edited:
As the writing emerges on the wall, ministers will begin to position themselves. She is one doing just that.

She just comes across as such a horrible human being.

And yet……

The thing that really saddens and worries me, is that she has risen to the top of our political system.

along with Johnson, Rees Mog, Gove, Hancock etc etc etc. it’s a long list !!!!

I accept it’s a democracy, but how on earth do folks of this quality rise to the top. Their failings are obvious to all.

Of course it's always the states fault and never the individual why people end up on the streets !
Yes some people have been dealt a bad hand in life, agreed ..... but others Hmmmm !!
So let me make sure I understand what you're saying.. Are you suggesting that someone (of sound mind) might prefer to sleep on the streets and on park benches than on somebodies sofa or in their own bed in their own home? If that's not what your suggesting, then where is it that you think these people sleeping rough may have as an option to sleep? NB don't say homeless hostels because anybody that knows even one iota about the subject knows that there simply aren't enough hostel places for all the homeless (certainly there aren't in London).

Before you reply, you should know that I used to volunteer for Crisis the homeless charity.

she needs to go ... the police have a hard enough job without her attacking them . and describing the protest marches as hate marches is just utterly stupid .

As Bonhoeffer said [ a German pastor killed by Hitler for speaker out ]

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak.
Not to act is to act.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I am starting to think that she has been reading this guys political rantings:

220px-Jair_Bolsonaro_em_24_de_abril_de_2019_%281%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

She'll be making friends in a particular community though, might get looked after...My MP has been kiss arsing Big Pharma in preparation for his exit at the next poll...

Well, take my brother in law for example. He sold his inherited flat in Hampstead ( 500.000 ) to go down the drugs route.
Was a lovely bloke now he s a broken man living in virtue squalor, just above street level. He made that choice !!
With other people I know its not their fault. But let's not make out its always the government to blame for everything.

Let's look at that another way...
For whatever reason, your brother in law made choices that resulted in him falling to the bottom of the socio economic pile.
That in itself may not be Govt's fault. The fact that he might stay in those conditions or worse, due to lack of support/ intervention most certainly is Govts fault.

I have just signed the latest petition from 38 Degrees asking to get her sacked by the hard (currency) man Sunak. I was in two minds about it as the infighting of the cabinet is fun to watch but then she may well carry on chewing the carpet up outside of government which will also be a Popcorn moment .

Let's look at that another way...
For whatever reason, your brother in law made choices that resulted in him falling to the bottom of the socio economic pile.
That in itself may not be Govt's fault. The fact that he might stay in those conditions or worse, due to lack of support/ intervention most certainly is Govts fault.
No, he s had plenty of support ! Drug rehabilitation, psychiatrist, benefits, everything. He was given a council flat also

So let me make sure I understand what you're saying.. Are you suggesting that someone (of sound mind) might prefer to sleep on the streets and on park benches than on somebodies sofa or in their own bed in their own home? If that's not what your suggesting, then where is it that you think these people sleeping rough may have as an option to sleep? NB don't say homeless hostels because anybody that knows even one iota about the subject knows that there simply aren't enough hostel places for all the homeless (certainly there aren't in London).

Before you reply, you should know that I used to volunteer for Crisis the homeless charity.
No, one person sleeping rough on the street is one too many. However this is a classic PFM thing. Pick an easy target ( and she obviously is )
everyone piles in... agrees with each other... and then follow each other like sheep !!... Boring.. might as well stayed with the snooker !!
Just thought I would take the thread down a slightly different route. But let's face it that was never going to be popular here Haha !

No, he s had plenty of support ! Drug rehabilitation, psychiatrist, benefits, everything. He was given a council flat also
OK. I'll take that. But he's one case who sounds like he has squandered opportunities. Many others never had, or knew how to realise, opportunities.
I spent 30 years working with young people. I know how govt. deliberately and routinely fails people.

advertisement

Back