advertisement

Suella Braverman hits a new low

Spewella Braverman, looks like another dog whistle to the far right and football hooligans in the Times. Spouts nothing but vomit and bile.

Yes now actively inciting violence as a tactic to undermine the Police until they do exactly what she wants irrespective of the law. The more Home Secretaries are failing, the more noise they make.

It is becoming increasingly clear the far-right such as Braverman, Yaxley Lennon, Farage, the Daily Mail, Express etc are very actively trying to create a riot on Armistice Day. I’ve seen many of the week’s gutter tabloid front pages linked on Twitter etc and it looks like a very deliberate strategy to enrage and mobilise gammon thugs and racists. Lots of made-up tabloid stories, e.g. the poppy seller who claimed to have been attacked/abused was rejected by police as CCTV said otherwise. These people are an absolute disgrace and they shouldn’t be anywhere near the memories of those who died fighting exactly this fascist mindset.

There is absolutely no conflict between remembering those who fought against fascism and authoritarianism and demanding an armistice today. The far-right gammons are the ones who do not belong in this picture.

I understand No10 DID see Suella Braverman's @thetimes comment piece before it was published and that the Home Office accepted some edits...” Kate McCann, The Times.

This suggests this far-right culture war and attempt to incite a riot on Armistice Day is coming right from the very top of the Conservative Party. They are an absolute disgrace and an insult to the fallen.

She's got to be sacked - but that's her goal!

Don’t think it’s her only goal though.

Recall that she sacked herself for strategic reasons not that long ago, and she could do so again if she wished (the air of incompetence that might attach to her if it was genuinely because she’d fluffed up email security or somesuch wouldn’t do so, because everyone would know, as they did last time, that the advertised reason had nothing to do with it).

So for my money, getting sacked is fine by her eventually, but she wants to own the far right territory in the next phase, and that’s what she’s laying the groundwork for. Being sacked at some point is just the cherry on top. If she gets to keep doing and saying things like this for a while before Sunak sacks her, she’ll not be able to believe her luck at having such a pathetic boss.

Don’t think it’s her only goal though.

Recall that she sacked herself for strategic reasons not that long ago, and she could do so again if she wished (the air of incompetence that might attach to her if it was genuinely because she’d fluffed up email security or somesuch wouldn’t do so, because everyone would know, as they did last time, that the advertised reason had nothing to do with it).

So for my money, getting sacked is fine by her eventually, but she wants to own the far right territory in the next phase, and that’s what she’s laying the groundwork for. Being sacked at some point is just the cherry on top. If she gets to keep doing and saying things like this for a while before Sunak sacks her, she’ll not be able to believe her luck at having such a pathetic boss.
Absolutely!

Cooper says Braverman should not be running 'endless leadership campaign' in Commons urgent question

In the Commons Yvette Cooper, the shadow home secretary, is asking an urgent question about Suella Braverman and policing.

She says no other home secretary would have written an article like this.

The job of home secretary is to keep the public safe, not run an endless leadership campaign.

She asks if the government still believes in the operational independence of the police.

And she asks if No 10 signed off on the Times article [which appears to be the case.]

I'm not sure I understand. Why do you think some 'others' find themselves sleeping rough?
Simple... lifestyle choices, innit?!?!
Daddy wanted me to be stockbroker, had a place in the firm all set up, but me, I wanted the romance of sleeping rough in the big city. That first chug of cider of the day, the kindness and forbearance of the public, dropping a few coppers into my cardboard tray, zipping up my snug, safe tent last thing at night and knowing it and everything in it were MINE! Oooooh, you can't put a price on it! You can keep stockbroking... I'm just off to get some Special Brew in as I'm on the 10 till 12 shift shouting at the sky and park bench pugilism show we put on for our grateful public.

Mind, you can call me mad but I wouldn't kick that Sue Ella out of my tent, either!

I understand No10 DID see Suella Braverman's @thetimes comment piece before it was published and that the Home Office accepted some edits...” Kate McCann, The Times.

This suggests this far-right culture war and attempt to incite a riot on Armistice Day is coming right from the very top of the Conservative Party. They are an absolute disgrace and an insult to the fallen.

Tony, you never fail to point out their failings and how everything they do is to feather their own nests. This is just another example of that although this time the Palestine situation is being used as a political football (which is disgusting in itself) between rival factions of the Tory party. Braverman is making a play for the leadership and if she gets it then the way things have been up to now will seem like a walk in the park for those of us who are less well paid, homeless, disabled, mentally ill, vulnerable etc. She is the personification of evil and I hope so far gone that even the rightest of the right Brexit gammon will find her unelectable, but after reading some recent comments on pfm (which until recently I considered to be fairly liberal and sensible) in this and the Israel vs Hamas thread I am no longer so confident about. I never thought I would live to see the day when a political party in the UK becomes so self serving and utterly offensive that I can barely read the news any longer.

This is the essence of it:
lIWWy5w.jpg

Politics is about the opposite of Braverman, it’s seeking constructive compromise in order to move forward. She’s a destroyer.

The full inteview is well worth a watch

BREAKING: Number 10 "didn't technically" sign off Suella Braverman's article, says @SamCoatesSky.

Within it, the home secretary accused the Met Police of "playing favourites" after they decided to allow a pro-Palestine march to go ahead on Armistice Day

Sam Coates on Sky highlighting some recent rowing-back from the idea Braverman had full No 10 authorisation for her riot incitement/attack on the police in The Times. A party in total disarray trying to figure out exactly how much fascism and hatred is right for their target market.

I'm once again unable to access any twitter content, so if peeps could include a brief summary with their links, like Tony's post above, that'd be welcome, ta.

John

I'm not sure I understand. Why do you think some 'others' find themselves sleeping rough?
Well, take my brother in law for example. He sold his inherited flat in Hampstead ( 500.000 ) to go down the drugs route.
Was a lovely bloke now he s a broken man living in virtue squalor, just above street level. He made that choice !!
With other people I know its not their fault. But let's not make out its always the government to blame for everything.

advertisement

Back