advertisement

"Stupid Woman"

I think we need an 'Amaze Off' to find out how amazed people are actually are.
I had a colleague from N.Ireland who would say “it’s ah-maze-an” while at the same time using both her index fingers to draw a picture frame in mid air in time to it-
1. It’s
2. Ah
3.maze
4.in
A guy from the south could do a wonderful take off of her and imitate her accent perfectly.

I'm amazed by the number of you that are deluded enough to side with JC's claim of "people". Firstly it makes no sense whatsoever since he was clearly addressing May and not a collective. Secondly you'd have to be completely shite at lipreading if, given two alternative words, you can't see which one is being said / mouthed. Not that it's needed but the pro lip-readers have already provided sufficiently detailed analysis that is 100% conclusive since these words produce such different mouth shapes / movements. There is no case for 'it's a matter of opinion' here and it's only proffered by those who don't like the truth. FWIW I hate the pair of them but JC should have just fessed up and been a man (person?!) about it instead of compounding matters by shooting himself in the other foot.
You can test your skills here

I love how the Corbynistas 'can't believe' this is still being discussed. As usual they want the latest JC f*$k-up to be swiftly brushed under the carpet. Come on, play along, it's nearly Christmas and this is so very amusing.
I'm happy it is, it's a welcome distraction from the Tory shitstorm.
To go all Facebook X factor on yer ass, CORBYN TO WIN!!!! :)

Presumably when parliament gets back in the new Year, the new trend will be mouthing obscenities across the floor.

On yesterdays R4 6pm news it was third in t'running order.
1st was tensions between PM and Home Sec as Javid fails to back up May over immigration policy.
2nd was emergence of curbs on UK airlines operating in EU in event of no deal.

Many are grumbling blatant bias as stupid woman gate it wasn't given prominent enough coverage by Auntie.

Welcome back!

On yesterdays R4 6pm news it was third in t'running order.
1st was tensions between PM and Home Sec as Javid fails to back up May over immigration policy.
2nd was emergence of curbs on UK airlines operating in EU in event of no deal.

Many are grumbling blatant bias as stupid woman gate it wasn't given prominent enough coverage by Auntie.
Yes, welcome back.

BUT

the fact that some people are saying the BBC is making too much of a fuss about this and some saying not enough does not mean they are getting it about right. That appeal just wouldn't make sense in any news culture with a developed and coherent set of journalistic values. And nor would the prominence given to the story itself.

Anyway, the credit has to go to Corbyn for saying "Stupid whirpool", knowing it would cause a blue dress/brown dress internet phenomenon and further discredit the UK's dreadful political hacks.

I wuz joking, man.

Yes, welcome back.

BUT

I like big buts and I can not lie ...

... the fact that some people are saying the BBC is making too much of a fuss about this and some saying not enough does not mean they are getting it about right. That appeal just wouldn't make sense in any news culture with a developed and coherent set of journalistic values. And nor would the prominence given to the story itself.

That was a very significant kerfuffle in the HoC, and Auntie had a duty to report it.
When I first saw the clip istm JC mouthed "woman", but watching the Newsnight report later changed my mind.
NN also spent much time pointing out how the tory whips fabricated and whipped up the outrage as a distraction.

Last edited:
Hook, are you being serious ?

According to the online Urban Dictionary, "are you being serious?" is asked in disbelief, with an extremely sarcastic tone, to question someone's actions or statement. It is a knee-jerk way of pointing out that you think someone is acting stupidly, only in the form of a question.

Now that we've cleared up your intent (as well as my lack of interest in a serious reply), I can post my favorite answer to that question.

According to the online Urban Dictionary, "are you being serious?" is asked in disbelief, with an extremely sarcastic tone, to question someone's actions or statement. It is a knee-jerk way of pointing out that you think someone is acting stupidly, only in the form of a question.

Now that we've cleared up your intent (as well as my lack of interest in a serious reply), I can post my favorite answer to that question.

Leslie Nielsen- greatly missed. He had perfect comic timing. In a Trumpian dystopia/parallel universe, Stupid Woman would be the title of a Julia Roberts and Richard Gere film and a Roy Orbison song ( do your own substitution)-

Pretty woman, walkin' down the street
Pretty woman the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you, mercy
Pretty woman won't you pardon me
Pretty woman I couldn't help but see

advertisement

Back