advertisement

Streaming is inferior to redbook CD playback?

Then it’s already too late for you.
He offered me a ukulele once.
I knew his game.
Offer is still there dear old curtis! Tanglewood 'java' solid spruce top, curly maple back and sides..its yours if you want it! No obligation whatsoever! But once you start strumming, you may find you can't stop! The dark lord of the uke awaits...its a bit like that poem ' la belle dame sans merci ' substitute the bird with a ukulele! No escape..no mercy..just strumming..an eternity of strumming...

Stick with the Ukulele...she is a kind mistress, Banjo is a harsh master...plus you have to be inbred and have a divergent squint to attain mastery of the banjo!
How do you know I am not inbred with a squint? Better than being in bed with a squint I suppose.I suppose it depends on the squint. Anyway, I digress.

That is what I think am hearing when listening to my "early digital" cds.

However, it would be interesting to know even a single early digital recording which has demonstrably been degraded by early ADC jitter. The faults of "early digital" are an often discussed topic on various audiophile fora - certainly someone can name some examples.

It's impossible to check though, any original analogue masters would likely be more degraded with time than the effects of that old jittered process

Unfortunately it is utterly unlikely you have heard the effects of jitter. The need to level match is not a matter of opinion. You are not free to choose your own facts.
If Putin IS really ill and job comes up, You have a nomination.
It's a FREE world,
Not your world.

If Putin IS really ill and job comes up, You have a nomination.
It's a FREE world,
Not your world.
It is a world of facts. You are not free to choose facts - this is one of the hallmarks of the free society. Mr P on the other hand might believe that he is free to choose his own facts -one of the hallmarks of authoritarian repressive regimes.

It's impossible to check though, any original analogue masters would likely be more degraded with time than the effects of that old jittered process
If that is the case there cannot be any reliable evidence that early digital was plagued by ADC jitter. We might just as well believe that jitter was not an audible problem at all.

It is a world of facts. You are not free to choose facts - this is one of the hallmarks of the free society. Mr P on the other hand might believe that he is free to choose his own facts -one of the hallmarks of authoritarian repressive regimes.
Its a world of choice..choose which fact suits you the best...the only real fact is we consume and end up being consumed!

advertisement

Back