advertisement

Star Trek: Picard

Claire,

and, uh a double dumbass to you!

One day we're going to have to hold a Trek challenge to see who knows more about Trek. I'm not thinking a battle to the death, cuz I'm kinda like the dude and not into violence and all that, but it would be cool if the Trek fight music played during the challenge.

Joe

Episode 5 was awesome!

i'm hoping that's your second consecutive ironic post tonight (motivational poster being #1).

the bookies are already taking "jumped the shark" bets on this one. i'd say "jumped the pickerel", for now.

we are now 5/5 in terms of fight scenes. it's clearly all been calculated and we end up with marketing-driven script week after week. a script that has to appeal to restless teenagers, as well as gullible ST nostalgists who'll forgive anything, as long as they're tossed the right bone or two.

yellow alert. fast approaching ST disco levels of bad.

that said, it all started out on a high note, but for all the wrong reasons. this is now my leading candidate for the horribly sexist "hottest chick on TV" award:

necar-zadegan.jpg

one more thing; is patrick stewart trying to out-shat the shat now? when episode 1 (or was it 2) revealed that he didn't actually speak french AT ALL, i was seriously disappointed and disillusioned. the ooh-la-la maurice chevalier gone wild thing that happened this evening was beyond depressing.

Last edited:
i'm hoping that's your second consecutive ironic post tonight (motivational poster being #1)...

Nope, I thought it was AWESOME.

I don't watch Picard through the same critical lens as you do. Am having too much fun (with the characters, plot and Easter eggs) to sweat the small stuff. Maybe you should have a glass or two of tranya prior to watching the next awesome episode!

N6G6ReP.jpg

Hook,

I hope you relish Tranya as much as I.

Joe

P.S. Vuk, Jean-Luc does speak French. Well, enough to say maman.

At a furry convention in San Jose last month I attended many of the parties, one was a Klingon party room (and yes someone turned up as a Tribble and shrieked at them) where the recipe of Tranya was revealed.

tl;dr is it is exquisite brain rot as effective as any pure unedited Branon Braga script.

I’ll link instead of embed just in case Furries cavorting with Klingons might be a bit much for some of you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tastyeagle/49528808981/in/album-72157713090101923/#

PS I tried to order A Tholian Web but the plastic cup passed through my Fursuit and though the floor and blinked out of existence. Or it might have been the Tranya.

I don't watch Picard through the same critical lens as you do.

i'm not pulling out some special critical lens for this particular show. in fact, it's a bit of the opposite: i go in every thursday with anticipation and loads of tolerance.

P.S. Whenever I look through a fisheye lens, I can't help but think I'm seeing the world from Chekov's point of view after he went nutso.

Joe

Excuse me. Hello, we are looking for the nuclear wessels ... nu-cle-ar wessels.

Joe

Aye, just think what could have been heard in engineering...

Joe

advertisement

Back