advertisement

Stack Audio Speaker Isolators

AUVA-70.jpg

--snip-- tungsten particles --snip--
looks like a load of balls to me, or perhaps shot, I believe some shotgun cartridges use tungsten shot ...

So instead of having 4 spikes to try and sit level/stable you now have 12 !!!
Is this fixing a problem that doesn't exist?
How loud would you need to be playing back at for this to be a real problem?

Of coarse lifting the speaker another 30-40mm away from a boundary affect surface isn't the reason why it will sound different ;)

Comes with the obligatory wooden display box.... disappointed no cotton gloves to handle them with care.... hang on there are detox wipes !

I have previously purchased several Stack Audio products myself and all have been excellent. So I really would prefer to wait for first hand reviews of the products before passing judgement myself. In due course we will all be better informed as a result.

So instead of having 4 spikes to try and sit level/stable you now have 12 !!!
Is this fixing a problem that doesn't exist?
How loud would you need to be playing back at for this to be a real problem?

Of coarse lifting the speaker another 30-40mm away from a boundary affect surface isn't the reason why it will sound different ;)

Comes with the obligatory wooden display box.... disappointed no cotton gloves to handle them with care.... hang on there are detox wipes !

Agreed. I'd like to think that if the speakers are well designed and built in the first place then cabinet vibration shouldn't be an issue - I can't see them making one iota of difference with the DBLs . . . .

Personally I would prefer to reserve judgement unless I have experienced a product or test reviews of the same from reliable sources.
No judgement given or intended, just tongue in cheek forum monkey mode engaged, my apologies if I need to add a :p to make that clearer.

I wonder why speaker manufacturers don’t seem to offer decoupling options? I have ATC floorstanders, the general consensus opinion is that decoupling is the way to go, but the speakers come with spikes from the factory with no other option.

Any views on these as I might be trying a set?

https://solidairaudio.com/product-category/dark-star-non-magnetic-isolation/
Try placing a saucer of water on the floor next to your loudspeaker and play something really loudly, (in the absence of an accelerometer )
Keith

They can't absorb vibration and hold the speakers rigidly.

If the external structure is stiff enough to hold the speakers rigidly then they provide a direct path to ground for vibrations, any vibration isn't interested in jumping across an impedance mismatch into a clump of tungsten particles or anything else.

Path of least resistance n all that. Like any mechanical support it'll have a specific response to vibration based on frequency, amplitude and supported mass, here's looking foreardvto seeing a frequency sweep from 20-20khz at 5-50kg supported load..... lol...

advertisement

Back