advertisement

Speeding Offences

Wasn't it blissful when the roads were quiet. I could only properly go out twice a week, checking my mum and doing her shopping, but the roads were lovely. You could make progress, driver smoothly and not be bothered about other motorists being impatient & disrespectful of driving conventions.

Quite interesting being 'road raged' when actually at work in an unmarked Volvo:D We'd actually not done anything wrong, but were not driving fast enough (over the speed limit). Go figure...

Wasn't it blissful when the roads were quiet. I could only properly go out twice a week, checking my mum and doing her shopping, but the roads were lovely. You could make progress, driver smoothly and not be bothered about other motorists being impatient & disrespectful of driving conventions.

Quite interesting being 'road raged' when actually at work in an unmarked Volvo:D We'd actually not done anything wrong, but were not driving fast enough (over the speed limit). Go figure...
I went past the place where i was caught speeding a couple of months ago (motorway 70 to bypass 50 caught at 63 about 100 yards past 50 sign £100 fine) and the speed trap van was no longer there, no doubt it had moved onto more fertile ground, as the traffic flow reduced speeds.

I went past the place where i was caught speeding a couple of months ago (motorway 70 to bypass 50 caught at 63 about 100 yards past 50 sign £100 fine) and the speed trap van was no longer there, no doubt it had moved onto more fertile ground, as the traffic flow reduced speeds.

I'm sure they know exactly where to go; used to go out with an ex policewoman and was regularly advised where to slow down.

When training it's useful to be able to pick a site where every car will be speeding.

Can’t really argue really. You were probably doing more than 70 in the 70 zone & failed to read the signs.

I believe you can get advance notice of where the mobile cameras are going to be, I know our local paper reports it.

Can’t really argue really. You were probably doing more than 70 in the 70 zone & failed to read the signs.

I believe you can get advance notice of where the mobile cameras are going to be, I know our local paper reports it.
It is only a short stretch of uphill motorway from where i joined the motorway so i was probably doing 70 ish but where it changes to 50 there is a steep downhill. A friends son who uses the road most days to go to work was also caught the same week.

It is only a short stretch of uphill motorway from where i joined the motorway so i was probably doing 70 ish but where it changes to 50 there is a steep downhill. A friends son who uses the road most days to go to work was also caught the same week.
Be interesting to know why they drop it down to 50mph, must be a side road or other hazard joining on.

It is irritating getting caught, I was done for 35 in a 30, convinced I’d done nothing wrong only to find I’d not read the signage.

Speed awareness course ensued.

Be interesting to know why they drop it down to 50mph, must be a side road or other hazard joining on.

It is irritating getting caught, I was done for 35 in a 30, convinced I’d done nothing wrong only to find I’d not read the signage.

Speed awareness course ensued.
The 50 will be because of many exits and previously the number of lanes reduced from 3 to 2 before road widening increased all the road to 3 lanes. Normally there is so much traffic that 50 is a safe speed.

advertisement

Back