advertisement

Speaker Cable

What would happen if someone counted the strands in the QED and found 80?

I did and I found 76. Damn.

I otherwise use Cabasse brown cable made by Leonische. The cables came supplied with the speakers back in the early 80’s.

It can sometimes be found on eBay.

Not just my opinion, no.

OK, an opinion. Many have heard a difference, many have not.

I heard a difference with a system with loudspeakers/amplifiers worth £50, and no difference in a system with loudspeakers/amplifiers worth £1800. Same front end.

Seriously though... speaker cable is one area where cables do definitely make a considerable difference...

In your opinion ( and the opinion of others ) if I’m correct...
I’ve never heard a difference between my humble cables and the expensive ones
people have let me try.

For me, the Naim speaker cables gave me the best results on Naim and no-Naim systems: soft but detailed treble, organic mid-range and full depth bass.
For smaller budgets, I really like the entry level of Audioquest 2x 14 awg with grey jacket.

I admit to buying into cables have JPS throughout my system. It's a time when I had a good salary you know the good times. It's a complete RIP off have chopped and changed cables. From VDH to chord sarum , honesty there is not a lot of difference between them but their s in price

A word of warning I bought Tellurium Q Black because a huge flock of users stated it was amazing. From the minute I put it in it sounded unamazing. I like a mindless sheep awaited the burn in. After 2 months I was fed up of being a mug and put them up for sale. Being an honest person I was relieved when the purchaser was a member of the flock and truly happy with his purchase.

A word of warning I bought Tellurium Q Black because a huge flock of users stated it was amazing. From the minute I put it in it sounded unamazing. I like a mindless sheep awaited the burn in. After 2 months I was fed up of being a mug and put them up for sale. Being an honest person I was relieved when the purchaser was a member of the flock and truly happy with his purchase.

Burn in.
There’s another ridiculous idea put about by cable manufacturers.

advertisement

Back