1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

So that's the climate f****d then

Discussion in 'off topic' started by avole, Jun 1, 2017.

1. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

See any channel or news website at the moment.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Many of us did point out electing a total moron heading a truly repugnant far-right fundamentalist religious party to power would not end well. The idiocy of the man and his electorate is simply staggering. This American government must now be considered anti-science, anti-evidence, anti-logic. The enemy of all thinking people the world over.

3. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

The mandarins in the Chinese Communist Party and those much-loved bureaucrats in Brussels are made of sterner stuff, fortunately.

4. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Fortunately so are many states within the US who are going their own way.

5. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Is he just trying to renegotiate the deal, or is he an actual climate change denier like Corbyn's brother?

6. Dan43

Dan43 pfm Member

Seen the front page of the Berliner Kurier, blimey never seen that on a front page of a paper before well can't recall it anyway... basically says

Erde an Trump : F**k Y** (sorry for the language/squeamish)

7. Dan43

Dan43 pfm Member

France, Italy and others joint statement, no negotiation ..... oopsy.

8. GWM

GWM Lost in the 70's

Apparently it's going to take up to 4 years for them to completely withdraw can't see him lasting that long.

9. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Didn't Trump appear on "Deal or No Deal" once and just tell people to take the cash?

Prophetic?

Can someone please tell him it would be a really good idea to go to Dallas with Ivana and ride in an open top Lincoln so his fans can show their adulation?

10. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Of course, a complete prat. BUT he will only be around a short while - 4 years max, possibly less. So new incoming can re-ratify?

And in the intervening time period, individual states may do their own thing. And there could be all sorts of federal judicial challenges. And the actual climate damage as a result? probably not too bad.

11. merlin

He's (on the face of it) a denier.

What will Mother Theresa have to say about it?

No doubt she will cling to the special relationship and they'll do lots of coke together.

12. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

The Paris Accord has no impact on the climate*, it's a political thing. So you need to worry about the reduction in international cooperation but not about any change to temperatures consequent to the US actions.

Paul

*It would be useful if some politicians could grasp what they are waffling about, but low expectations are usually met.

13. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Ah the voice of reason.

14. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

15. merlin

:D

Paul's actually relatively intelligent.

He's just a berk when it comes to important matters.

16. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

A Handmaid's Tale has appeared again. Those pinko gay Hollywood jews trying to undermine the values of the rightful government that Trump paid Putin to elect. Or something.

17. merlin

From an Englishman's POV, what concerns me is that we appear to be nailing our colours to the mast/k of Trumpism and this can only lead to global isolationism and exclusion (I can put up with the ensuing ridicule.)

The UK needs Corbyn now more than at any point in its history IMHO. Never before has an environmentally astute, anti war left wing human rights activist been more needed at the helm of HMS Britannia.

18. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

What is it with you guys, the leader of ye merry olde England is a total irrelevance in the world.

19. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Paul's wrong, as usual.

Joe

20. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Hawkins said we have 100 years to find a new planet to live on as Earth becomes world wide sauna. Make that 50 now.