advertisement

SNAIC Upgrade Between Pre-Hicap or Hicap-Power?

Yes I too have the white plugs on my rca - din don't know if there is a discernible difference but Chord obviously must have thought so.

The white plugs make the sound lighter, brighter and balanced, the red and black ones make the sound darker, warmer and more polarized.

I have had a Chord Signature TA XLR - DIN between my Dual TeddyCap and Nap 250-2 for a few days now and have to say I'm very happy so far. I'm not particularly good at describing what I'm hearing in HiFi terms but I can say that tracks that have a lot going on and can sound a bit muddled are sounding cleaner with greater separation around individual instruments and bass notes sound more rounded.
Although I could live happily enough with the stock XLR - DIN cable the Chord S TA is just better and gives the quite weighty Naim 250 a little bit more detail.

Thanks for the post Natara. That is good to hear. Greater separation around instruments and better detail are something that I look for as well although the current system is sounding great at the moment.

I forgot to add, most important is the cable managed to bring a difference to the system.

Enjoy~

I have had a Chord Signature TA XLR - DIN between my Dual TeddyCap and Nap 250-2 for a few days now and have to say I'm very happy so far. I'm not particularly good at describing what I'm hearing in HiFi terms but I can say that tracks that have a lot going on and can sound a bit muddled are sounding cleaner with greater separation around individual instruments and bass notes sound more rounded.
Although I could live happily enough with the stock XLR - DIN cable the Chord S TA is just better and gives the quite weighty Naim 250 a little bit more detail.

I find the same thing with the Vertere DIN/XLR cable, more clarity, more music, and more separation. Better defined bass.

Difficult to go back to the Stock DIN/XLR now....

The white plugs make the sound lighter, brighter and balanced, the red and black ones make the sound darker, warmer and more polarized.

I trust that your observations are based upon a rigorous scientific double blind test regime.....

I trust that your observations are based upon a rigorous scientific double blind test regime.....

No, I definitely expect those effects to disappear in proper, controlled double blind listening conditions. We all know that that kind of listening is so stressful that nobody can even hear a difference between a mp3 and a CD...

advertisement

Back