advertisement

siltech cables

Thanks, Darren. I’ve never bothered with the ignore function. When twattery goes too far and Tony prunes threads the lack of context can appear puzzling so I’d rather see what people have to say.
A re-read shows nothing of value in mark’s posts on this thread so what he calls funning is just trolling. That in itself can be amusing if well-written and concise but it only served to encourage the other clown. How he ever runs a business and sells anything is beyond me. That said, ‘beyond me’ isn’t difficult because I’m stupid enough to imagine I heard a difference between different interconnects.
Thanks again for the supportive post.

The other clown would advise you to compare interconnects unsighted, that way you remove any cognitive bias, of which there are many.
If unsighted you can still reliably’ pick ‘ an interconnect then you are on to something.
IME once you remove the sighted bias preconceived difference often disappear.
Keith

Thanks, Darren. I’ve never bothered with the ignore function. When twattery goes too far and Tony prunes threads the lack of context can appear puzzling so I’d rather see what people have to say.

A re-read shows nothing of value in mark’s posts on this thread so what he calls funning is just trolling. That in itself can be amusing if well-written and concise but it only served to encourage the other clown. How he ever runs a business and sells anything is beyond me. That said, ‘beyond me’ isn’t difficult because I’m stupid enough to imagine I heard a difference between different interconnects.
Thanks again for the supportive post.

Whew. Ok then. But I'm truly only having fun with the patently silly nomenclature of foo. It wasn't meant to troll. Anyone who reads foo ad copy has to know it's over the top.
If anyone is seeking attention it's the people who publish that tripe. If you can't see that, well .. whatever. For the record I've never called anyone stupid for claiming to hear a difference. And If you got that from what I wrote earlier then you projected it there all by your lonesome. For the record, the only name calling I've seen here is you referring to the poster above me as a clown and me a twat engaging in twattery.

Whew. Ok then. But I'm truly only having fun with the patently silly nomenclature of foo. It wasn't meant to troll. Anyone who reads foo ad copy has to know it's over the top.
If anyone is seeking attention it's the people who publish that tripe. If you can't see that, well .. whatever. For the record I've never called anyone stupid for claiming to hear a difference. And If you got that from what I wrote earlier then you projected it there all by your lonesome. For the record, the only name calling I've seen here is you referring to the poster above me as a clown and me a twat engaging in twattery.
The other clown would advise you to compare interconnects unsighted, that way you remove any cognitive bias, of which there are many.
If unsighted you can still reliably’ pick ‘ an interconnect then you are on to something.
IME once you remove the sighted bias preconceived difference often disappear.
Keith

yawning.jpg

Oh well thank you all for the advice but i could not turn them down at the price i paid, there are places you can buy HIFI with out being taken for every penny ,and were i saw these that was a great deal , they sold kimber monacle speaker cable 2x4m at £320 , and plenty of really good hifi went for peanuts , after all if i don't like them they will be passed on at the price i paid with out setting fire to my wallet,

I’ve got quite a few people on my ‘ignore’ list. Coincidentally, about half of them have subsequently ended up being permanently banned.

Keith will sell his products only to customers who can prove they are legally blind. It's really the only way to ensure that cognitive bias doesn't head its ugly rear.

Joe

Oh well thank you all for the advice but i could not turn them down at the price i paid, there are places you can buy HIFI with out being taken for every penny ,and were i saw these that was a great deal , they sold kimber monacle speaker cable 2x4m at £320 , and plenty of really good hifi went for peanuts , after all if i don't like them they will be passed on at the price i paid with out setting fire to my wallet,

Be very careful of buying used or other secondary market Siltech. Inspect them carefully and its best to have them in their original packaging, along with certificate. There are very many fake Siltech cables out there; do a search on tips on spotting fakes. Siltech cables are commonly 'copied' by Chinese and other suppliers and sold as genuine, given the very high price of the genuine article vs the low cost of the copy.

Hi Simon , they were on a auction site and came direct from an estate and the guy had passed away all the cables were there ,along with vertex earthing blocks , russ andrews speaker cables ,
kimber interconnects , and a lot of other stuff , all sold at silly prices as the auction house did not know what they were worth,and i never got near a grand ,

pete

I remember with some satisfaction probably 20 years ago when the reviewer, Mike Silverton, who was the skeptic's skeptic was loaned a pair of siltech cables if I recall correctly. Frankly, he was astonished, and ended up eating a large meal of crow, but it really helped him change his approach to audio reviewing. And he became a bit more open-minded.

yep one of the best and they should be here on Tuesday if the post arrives quick , at the money i paid they will be better than ones i have now , well i hope

I'd avoid Mogami unless you want a warm, non detailed , bloated sound. They arent great to be honest, I imagine only if you have some real high end kit like they do is music studios. They arent hifi cables, same as Van Damme, as much as the deaf old blokes would like to convince you of!

The Mark Grant ones are real nice though for a budget cable, very very good imo - also 'manufactured' cables do tend to have sound signatures, so its best to explain what you are trying to tweak or change before opting for pricey cables.

My Mogami cable fitted with KLE plugs certainly don't give a bloated sound, and certainly saw of my Mark Grant cables, which had previously bettered Chord Anthems.

Now can we get back to Siltech.

yep one of the best and they should be here on Tuesday if the post arrives quick , at the money i paid they will be better than ones i have now , well i hope
Please report/review either way. We have so few I tried X and it didn’t do anything type reviews.

hi i dont no why you should want to report this , thread it was a question , should i have bought them or not ,the cable arrived today and the serial numbers sent to siltech in the netherlands who have replied with the build date and conformation that they are real , so i will just use them and see how i get on , ATB peter

hi i dont no why you should want to report this , thread it was a question , should i have bought them or not ,the cable arrived today and the serial numbers sent to siltech in the netherlands who have replied with the build date and conformation that they are real , so i will just use them and see how i get on , ATB peter

Good news! Let us know how they sound. Ignore the grumpy old men brigade, they are here merely for our amusement value :)

" Ignore the grumpy old men brigade, they are here merely for our amusement value"

This ^^ is pretty much established fact given the consistently high view counts on every foo thread. But it fails to address the crass hypocrisy of suggesting the grumpy old men be blocked or banned while banging on those thread links for the amusement.

And so in the spirit of yet another yawn image in reply, let's compare the view count on this thread, (1,145 now) after two days, to the jaw breaking review thread posted today come Monday.

" Ignore the grumpy old men brigade, they are here merely for our amusement value"

This ^^ is pretty much established fact given the consistently high view counts on every foo thread. But it fails to address the crass hypocrisy of suggesting dissenters be blocked or banned while banging on those thread links for the amusement.

yawning.jpg

advertisement

Back