advertisement

siltech cables

I commend you on using a thoroughly holistic approach to your reviewing.

Maybe you should ask P. Miller to include odour measurements....

And record his response. rofl

Funnily enough, I did once seriously consider adjusting the marks on a Hi-Fi World speaker group test because the veneer on one model smelled absolutely divine, but another model smelled so vile it was banned from the listening room the instant I’d finished!

I'd avoid Mogami unless you want a warm, non detailed , bloated sound. They arent great to be honest, I imagine only if you have some real high end kit like they do is music studios. They arent hifi cables, same as Van Damme, as much as the deaf old blokes would like to convince you of!

The Mark Grant ones are real nice though for a budget cable, very very good imo - also 'manufactured' cables do tend to have sound signatures, so its best to explain what you are trying to tweak or change before opting for pricey cables.

The Mogami can indeed present with suppressed detail and low-end bloat, but only if not properly run-in, and worse, if not on blocks. Once those conditions are met, lows are chocolatey and the low-mid captivatingly turgid. Details then open up accordingly with a morning songbird allure enveloped in a pasture of liquified upper mids afloat within a concert hall stage. Admittedly, high-end is the most system dependent aspect of a so far sonically sumptuous supper of sound, which is where the factors of everything from the sand load of your stands to the cut of your wife's jib come into play. I can't help with the latter, but for the former might I suggest Arabian triple-filtered sand delivered in velvet bags, sequentially serial numbered with letters of authenticity. I opted for this setup and even my dog can hear the difference. And he's in the yard taking a dump!

Hmmm .. yes, I understand. Perhaps you should sample from their ColonicCacophony™ range of interconnects. As the name suggests, rather than traditionally manufactured, these are born of a grass-fed diet before they're organically coiled from the ... you get the picture. It's likely the source of all the chocolatey ad copy.

It’s not just that Mark, but they also have a ‘manufactured’ sound, which for me is totally unacceptable.
Wakanda forever.
Keith

How can you tell? I thought all cables were identical in your world? Apart now from the 'manufactured' ones (whatever the f*** that means) which now sound 'manufactured?'

That all makes perfect sense.

I've no idea what 'Wakanda' is/means, but if you're keen, it presumably measures well?

Make up your bloody mind then. Is it 'Wakanda forever' or 'no Wakanda forever?'

It seems like a fairly fundamental difference. Blind A/B test required?

Judging by his previous posts, it's evident he isn't quite all there. Can't even put an address on his company website....he's such a secret behind a keyboard!

Just a heads-up Keith, assuming Purite is a limited company, it's a legal requirement to have your address details displayed on your website.

If you're VAT registered, then your reg. no. should also be displayed.

advertisement

Back