advertisement

Shortwave audio ltd

I wouldn't touch that site with either of your dicks. Never heard of them, but they've been going since 2014, selling top end gear.

I'd be wanting to pay them a visit before parting with one cent.

Companies house shows interesting filing results.

Red flags at every level for me

The site looks like a direct copy of various similar scam websites that have come and gone.

The company it appears to be connected with seems to be a legit company, but I'd put money on it not actually being connected in any way with the operators of the site, ie they've just lifted a company's details to create a veneer of authenticity.

There's no way the current asset values filed in the very limited accounts would cover the stock they claim to have.

2 other clues. Nature of business:
  • 26309 - Manufacture of communication equipment other than telegraph, and telephone apparatus and equipment
Which makes sense, short wave comms equipment

No landline tele no, mobiles only

Hi, i thought it was a false site, magico Q7 for under £25k, they were a £180,000, when they came out, back to the drawing board,

The payments methods listed are cash or BT. No credit cards, charge cards or PayPal (except Friend & Family, which offers no protection at all). That says all you need to know.

So, basically every bit of desirable (i.e. expensive) hifi kit - all at the one shop. How convenient. And at keen pricing.
With just a mobile no. and red flags aplenty.
If they are legit, I'll eat my hat.

Looking at https://www.shortwaveaudio.com/ on the Wayback Machine shows that the site was pretty dormant for a long time, and has only recently become a site selling audio equipment. Looking at the whois record for shortwaveaudio.com shows its current owner has only had it since June 21st this year. I doubt it has any connection to the Shortwave Audio Ltd company registered with Companies House, someone has most likely acquired the domain and given it some fake credibility by quoting the company number of a legitimate but non-connected company on the website. Steer clear.

Looking at https://www.shortwaveaudio.com/ on the Wayback Machine shows that the site was pretty dormant for a long time, and has only recently become a site selling audio equipment. Looking at the whois record for shortwaveaudio.com shows its current owner has only had it since June 21st this year. I doubt it has any connection to the Shortwave Audio Ltd company registered with Companies House, someone has most likely acquired the domain and given it some fake credibility by quoting the company number of a legitimate but non-connected company on the website. Steer clear.
If that’s the case, then perhaps the legitimate owners of the limited company ought to be made aware of the possible illicit activity being done in their name.

Probably, but the internet seems to provide no actual landline number, and given the number of firms at the given address it's probably just the registered office rather than a trading address, and possibly just terminates in an unmonitored mailbox.

advertisement

Back