advertisement

Shortwave audio ltd

Digging a bit, their website and hosting is by Wix, which is an Israeli company listed in the USA.
The images have been sanitised, no trace of their origins, but they look like they were taken from marketing material, not actual photos

There’s a site that you can upload an image to and it will show you where else it’s been used. Remembering that from my College Of Policing course a while back.

edit: Tineye

I’ve emailed Shropshire Trading Standards with some details. They may suggest I refer it to Action Fraud or they may do so themselves.

I exchanged some emails with this company, kept addressing me as Mr Patrick. Definitely a scam. Avoid.
So I am one of the 2 x Directors and Shareholders of Shortwave Audio Ltd (the genuine company) with a web domain registered as shortwaveaudio.co.uk NOT .com. Our identity has, indeed, been highjacked and the website under shortwaveaudio.com is a fraudulent site using our company name, VAT number, Company registration number and Registered office address. The .com web site has now been taken down (presumably by the person who set this scam up in the first place). That web site was set up on 21-06-2022 by a Michal Ramsden.
from whois search
I now have a very irate Italian guy called Andrea Demollari from mid east coast Italy who has stupidly sent 25,000 Euros to a HSBC bank account in Birmingham (nothing to do with us) and is now threatening me and my wife wanting the money back.
Please spread this to as many people as you can because this is already causing up much grief and there is no telling how or when this guy will set up again. Some of the commentators on this forum rightly have concluded that it is surely a fraud and I am here to confirm that fraud is definably the case here.
We have reported this to Action Fraud but I am not expecting any "action" to be honest.
Frustratingly there is little that I could have done to prevent this happening so people need to be more cautious. I would NEVER send thousands of euros or pounds to anyone based on a mobile phone number and no trading address!
Good luck everyone.
I’ve emailed Shropshire Trading Standards with some details. They may suggest I refer it to Action Fraud or they may do so themselves.

If that’s the case, then perhaps the legitimate owners of the limited company ought to be made aware of the possible illicit activity being done in their name.
So I am one of the 2 x Directors and Shareholders of Shortwave Audio Ltd (the genuine company) with a web domain registered as shortwaveaudio.co.uk NOT .com. Our identity has, indeed, been highjacked and the website under shortwaveaudio.com is a fraudulent site using our company name, VAT number, Company registration number and Registered office address. The .com web site has now been taken down (presumably by the person who set this scam up in the first place). That web site was set up on 21-06-2022 by a Michal Ramsden.
I now have a very irate Italian guy called Andrea Demollari from mid east coast Italy who has stupidly sent 25,000 Euros to a HSBC bank account in Birmingham (nothing to do with us) and is now threatening me and my wife wanting the money back.
Please spread this to as many people as you can because this is already causing up much grief and there is no telling how or when this guy will set up again. Some of the commentators on this forum rightly have concluded that it is surely a fraud and I am here to confirm that fraud is definably the case here.
We have reported this to Action Fraud but I am not expecting any "action" to be honest.
Frustratingly there is little that I could have done to prevent this happening so people need to be more cautious. I would NEVER send thousands of euros or pounds to anyone based on a mobile phone number and no trading address!
Good luck everyone.

If that’s the case, then perhaps the legitimate owners of the limited company ought to be made aware of the possible illicit activity being done in their name.
I can confirm also that Shortwave Audio Ltd has never dealt in any HiFi equipment. We are an acoustic consultancy business. See above reply.

Hi, someone from the USA gave me a link to this dealer, as I'm after a pair of speakers, it's a big site, pretty well written, but the prices look far to cheap,

https://www.shortwaveaudio.com/

Column House London Road,Shrewsbury,Shropshire SY2 6NN,UK

they do seem to be in Column house, anyone heard of these people, if it's to good to be true, :rolleyes:
https://suite.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/sy2-6nn/2

according to whois

Good luck everyone.

Please also note that the legitimate company domain is .co.uk whereas the scam is using .com so very difference domains but easy to be fooled into thinking they are one and the same.

advertisement

Back