advertisement

She's had enough!! Time for a tin-opener thread :)

In my youth we opened tetrapack shaped frozen Jubblies with our teeth.

Last edited:
Perhaps as part of your digital marketing and engagement strategy you could provide a longterm 'review' sample to a well known online influencer with an audience of affluent middle-aged men. Whose wife coincidentally has been moaning about their current tin opener.
If I had a working one to hand I’d send you one. We’re currently tooling up for 3 new designs to take on Culinare but currently only have 3D printed ones.

If I had a working one to hand I’d send you one. We’re currently tooling up for 3 new designs to take on Culinare but currently only have 3D printed ones.
I was thinking of the OP not myself : )

But that's kind of you nonetheless. Best of luck with the venture.

I must say that I’m quite disappointed with the way this thread has turned out.

Ive been waiting expectantly for the usual suspects to chime in and extol the virtues of an exclusive expensive brand from obscure Italian artisans that have making high end can openers, father and son, for decades.

Still time I suppose. Don’t let me down guys.

Found another one hiding in a drawer. We have had two, maybe three of these over the years.

054712_1.jpg

Done

Ive been waiting expectantly for the usual suspects to chime in and extol the virtues of an exclusive expensive brand from obscure Italian artisans that have making high end can openers, father and son, for decades.

pichost

FFS…three pages about can openers???

Buy two cheapies from your local supermarket. So when the first one breaks you will have a spare.

Cant beat these. I've had plenty of openers over the years and they all fail eventually. Some start off being pretty poor at opening tins. I've never had a problem with the old style openers. They are of course more effort to use, which is no doubt why people have been producing different designs.

I do currently use this style of opener, (I can't recall where I bought it), though not this actual one:

2000x2000.jpg
Ditto
Got one with different handles from sansburies couple of years back - failless

I was expecting the opposite Colin, a thread with nostalgic devotion to an old Scottish one allegedly plagiarised from a different brand, nowadays bearing little resemblance to the original and with an unrivalled performance even at its stratospheric price.

advertisement

Back