advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of ancient political quotes, I heard Ian Blackford say on the radio that he fully supported Nicola Sturgeon, and that she had assured him that she had not breached the ministerial code. At which, a small voice in my head said 'Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?'

Talking of ancient political quotes, I heard Ian Blackford say on the radio that he fully supported Nicola Sturgeon, and that she had assured him that she had not breached the ministerial code. At which, a small voice in my head said 'Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?'
Is Ian saying he will not support her if she has been telling porkies?

AIUI, the Crown Office has prevented some of this evidence from being made available. It all sounds a bit odd.

AIUI what they have blocked is the names of - or info that might identify - the people who made allegations about his behaviour. It is normal for these names to be kept confidential outwith the ambit of the court case. Perhaps also details of those allegations that could be regarded as potentially defamatory, etc. i.e. to avoid situations which would deter anyone in future who wanted to report illegal behaviour.

General rule being that some things may said in court, but not necessarily in public.

However the bottom line at present is that we don't know what we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back