advertisement

Scam warning

Wow, that is scary. I've reported it.

PS That has to be the end of eBay allowing sellers to upload HTML formatting etc!

Sellers providing pictures with the products and sticky notes are also not a good way to know for sure that they actually own those items. They usually search for similar products on the internet and pretending that they are potential buyers they ask for those pictures from the real sellers. They get unique genuine pictures impossible to trace on google. Best way is cash and personal pick-up if possible and the gear worth the trouble.
Date stamp

Or, you could put yourself in the photo holding the days newspaper :)

I'd bet £1000 that those pictures were taken in the States
Look at the names on the cleaning products
And the cheesy portraits on the wall
It states the item is in Uk
Hmmmm

Seller with good feedback using another sellers photos (from HiFi Hanger).

Hacked account?
Lazy?
Dodgy?

€bay Exp XII

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
As I've said before if it looks too good to be true then it's a scam
That's hot scam written all over it
€2100 for a £11000 amplifier ......come on

Looks like I have been scammed by user taz (or someone who has accessed his account).
Only £30 but still very disappointing considering he'd been a member since 2004.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189144

He PM'd me like mad to make payment as quick as possible, and then once I pm'd to say payment was done he pm'd back and said he'd had a terrible time of things lately - being run over by a bus, losing his job and getting divorced.

He hasn't responded to numerous pm's or updated the thread despite being on here several times since.

Has anyone dealt with him in the past and have an address?

Looks like I have been scammed by user taz (or someone who has accessed his account).
Only £30 but still very disappointing considering he'd been a member since 2004.

He PM'd me like mad to make payment as quick as possible, and then once I pm'd to say payment was done he pm'd back and said he'd had a terrible time of things lately - being run over by a bus, losing his job and getting divorced.

He hasn't responded to numerous pm's or updated the thread despite being on here several times since.

Has this been sorted

Just got stung on Ebay for £1000. Bought a Supernait, seller cancelled straight away and started on about problems with his paypal. Sellers name is Simon Allen yet email is pauljjones. Now has disappeared and ebay are Useless

If you paid through ebay (sensible) you will receive a full refund if you havn't recieved your item within the time frame stated by the seller so i wouldn't worry, just open a case once the time frame has passed, if you paid off ebay (silly boy) your f^cked.

We had a similar case, but for much less money, we opened a ticket/case with Ebay and once the time frame came along all got settled correctly and with little fuss right at the last day of the time frame allowed.

Hope your situation ends like wise.

Yea paid through eBay. Went looking in gumtree out of curiosity and for the same amp for sale. So I let the seller know his pics are being used.

FWIW I don't think it is an account hijack as the post was made from a major UK ISP and scammers tend to be rather more covert. I'd be inclined to wait it out for a bit.

FWIW I don't think it is an account hijack as the post was made from a major UK ISP and scammers tend to be rather more covert. I'd be inclined to wait it out for a bit.

I agree - his daughter PM'd yesterday asking for my address so she could post if for her father. Hopefully it will arrive in the next 2-3 days.

I appreciate he may be ill and unable to get out but he knew this prior to listing them so what grates with me is that until I made payment he made no mention of his medical issues and the possibility of long delays with delivery.

He also had no trouble sending messages at the start of the sale, but as soon as the money was paid there was no communication for a week and even then his first promise of delivery never materialised.

Feel like I was used as an emergency loan facility - can I charge him 5000% interest??:D

Good contact has been made. I'll prune this segment out later as he's clearly not a scammer and given we are a fairly elderly bunch we should give folk who may not be especially well a break. Hope Taz is feeling better soon.

advertisement

Back