advertisement

Scam warning

User deleted:

Username: soso11

Registered email: [email protected]

IP Address: 41.138.173.189 (Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria)

PS I'll merge this thread with the existing scammer-watch thread.

Just recieve an PM from this soso11 :

Yesterday, 10:43 PM
soso11

Naim ND5xs
Buenos días señor ..

still interested in buying this items and i have it,for sale.and still in
good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted,if
you are interested in buying from me. Let me know i will email you
some pics and details thanks.

My Email address is [email protected] and i will need you Email address for pics and details

Address
Calle Zorrilla nº 7,
3ºderecha Madrid,
Spain

This is not right??

That was sent before I deleted the user account. I have to admit I thought deleting all a users posts prior to deletion (which I did) also deleted PMs, but obviously not. I'll do it manually next time. Just ignore / delete the one you have.

This was in my mailbox:

Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 15:13:10 -0800
> Subject: Re: Naim ND5xs
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
>
> Thanks for your email..I have attached pictures Naim ND5xs for you to
> view...it is in good condition and work perfectly well....Look clean
> and excellent..let me know How Much you are willing to offer including
> shipping and insurance to your doorstep...and My mode of payment is
> via bank transfer or western union money transfer...let me know which
> one you prefer for payment...thanks hope to hear from you soon

me too:

Dynavector L300/P300
Buenos días señor ..

still interested in buying this items and i have it,for sale.and still in
good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted,if
you are interested in buying from me. Let me know i will email you
some pics and details thanks.

My Email address is [email protected] and i will need you Email address for pics and details

Address
Calle Zorrilla nº 7,
3ºderecha Madrid,
Spain

Hi,

What is the safest way to arrange payment (as a seller) if you can't do it in cash and in person? I'd be uneasy giving out my full bank account details but PayPal is unpopular (and there is a cost). How about getting the buyer to pay to your credit card account (presuming you'll be spending the proceeds soon anyway...)?

Interested in thoughts from the forum before I start a clear-out of several boxes of Naim kit that I've upgraded from but hung on to for no good reason (watch this space...)

Anthony.

<moderating>

I've removed a fair bit of content that could possibly prove libellous. It is not my place to get involved in the transactions of others and that includes publishing content that I can not verify that is potentially damaging to an individual. Guidelines and suggestions as to how to conduct transactions with strangers met on the internet are touched upon in another thread, but as ever, buyer beware.

See above moderation! I've also no interest in hosting a thread speculating as to the authenticity of certain eBay auctions, Gumtree listings etc. It is none of my business and I don't want to be placed in a position where my site may inadvertently be used as a weapon against legitimate sellers.

See above moderation! I've also no interest in hosting a thread speculating as to the authenticity of certain eBay auctions, Gumtree listings etc. It is none of my business and I don't want to be placed in a position where my site may inadvertently be used as a weapon against legitimate sellers.

Fair point Tony. We will refrain from doing so.

I am sure we can all spot a potentially dubious listing or ad.

Hi,

What is the safest way to arrange payment (as a seller) if you can't do it in cash and in person? I'd be uneasy giving out my full bank account details but PayPal is unpopular (and there is a cost). How about getting the buyer to pay to your credit card account (presuming you'll be spending the proceeds soon anyway...)?

Interested in thoughts from the forum before I start a clear-out of several boxes of Naim kit that I've upgraded from but hung on to for no good reason (watch this space...)

Anthony.
Western Union is a reliable way to GET payment. Once you have the transaction password you take it with your ID etc to the nearest agent and get cash on the nail. For the same reason of course scammers trying to get money out of you love it because there's no way you can get your money back.

Hi,

Anthony.
Paypal as it's completely transparent, the fee is only small & you can always ask the buyer to add the amount to the payment to cover it. I have had a few on gumtree try to scam me & if it hadn't been for paypal I would be a poorer man.

Paypal is unpopular with sellers for one simple reason, protection for all rather than one way through a bank transfer or credit card transfer, this only suits the seller but not the buyer for obvious reasons.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Sellers providing pictures with the products and sticky notes are also not a good way to know for sure that they actually own those items. They usually search for similar products on the internet and pretending that they are potential buyers they ask for those pictures from the real sellers. They get unique genuine pictures impossible to trace on google. Best way is cash and personal pick-up if possible and the gear worth the trouble.

Good. Glad to see ebay is on the ball. It does them no favours to have this kind of thing on their site.

Spendor SP100 Rosewood speakers w Sound Anchors stands

the whole listing is a phishing page, asks you to log on (particularly difficult to notice via mobile)

this is a very worrying that they can do this through the ebay system

advertisement

Back