advertisement

Russell Brand

I'd kind of forgotten about him too. I found him a bit annoying tbh. But as Droodzilla stated upthread his writing about addiction is insightful.

comic genius and very popular man

No, you're confusing him with this guy...

iu

I'm still waiting for examples of his political activism. I'm not holding my breath, unless a few YouTube videos around the last election are going to be put up as evidence!

I remember him giving Farage a damn good kicking on QT, and a lot was class-based; he cited the state bailing out Farage’s entirely hypocritical banker/tax-exile-class to the tune of £bns whilst he falsely scapegoated immigrants etc. He was very good, though on the whole it was QT at it’s gammon-friendly ugliest.

Interesting interview with Paxman too.

I remember him giving Farage a damn good kicking on QT, and a lot was class-based; he cited the state bailing out Farage’s entirely hypocritical banker/tax-exile-class to the tune of £bns whilst he falsely scapegoated immigrants etc. He was very good, though on the whole it was QT at it’s gammon-friendly ugliest.

Interesting interview with Paxman too.
Any chance we get to see Farage embarrassed is a good day - I don't think Brand can really be considered as a political activist though; he seems to lollop from one interest to another to quell his boredom. What will it be next? Remote control cars?

BTW I have a lot more time for him since he switched on the Xmas lights in Marlow....ok ok bear with me.....usually people say a couple of lines, count down, lights on then off to Tom Kerridge's for a pint. Brand's speech was long, well thought out, heartfelt and focussed on local matters which he had to be well versed in to be able to present so eloquently. Great effort.

advertisement

Back