advertisement

Russell Brand

If you can’t say something nice about someone then you shouldn’t say anything at all, except in the case of Russell Brand. I think I’d rather chew polystyrene than listen to him telling us how great he is!

I kind of forgot he existed
So had I. Not heard anything about him lately, then this thread pops up for no immediately apparent reason other than Martyn doesn't like him (fair enough I suppose) or have I missed something?

Reactions: vuk
I wish he and Wossy would get back together - and pull a prank that would get them both permanently banned from all media in perpetuity.
On second thoughts I'll take that back as they would undoubtedly upset some inoffensive individual(s) in the process

Have to say i really like him he has been through alot with his drug addiction and is a strong advocate for recovery programmes. He may talk too much but he is a true peace loving and spiritual guy . He gets involved with protests that matter to him and lots of other folks I would much rather have someone of his sensibilities in a position to affect change in the UK than our current government.

Media often totally overexpose their latest find, we had that with Russel when he appeared ad nauseam. Now replaced with Brian Cox and that dodgy ex vicar.

Similarly i guess Killing Eve will be milked into oblivion.

I'm another one who forgot he existed. I imagine he's active on Twitter, which I'm not. I find him a bit 'full on' but don't have any hate towards him and have occasionally found him interesting to listen to.

Cheers BB

I'm another one who forgot he existed. I imagine he's active on Twitter, which I'm not. I find him a bit 'full on' but don't have any hate towards him and have occasionally found him interesting to listen to.

Cheers BB

He kind of re-branded (pun lolz) himself into a podcaster/youtuber and has a different outlook on life since settling down with a wife and kid. Whether he is more/less annoying than previously is down to your own judgement.

I can tolerate him in short bursts and it definitely depends on who he is interviewing and the subject matter, when he starts getting all spiritual I have to turn it off. Complete mumbo jumbo.

I'm still waiting for examples of his political activism. I'm not holding my breath, unless a few YouTube videos around the last election are going to be put up as evidence!

advertisement

Back