advertisement

Roger Waters

I actually really like his last solo album, I listen to it a lot. Hitchhiking was dull, meandering and well dull. Radio chaos was terrible. I like final cut though, and its superbly recorded.

I find the Final Cut a very desolate album. In places it's just Waters with about three voice overdubs so you hear his voice coming from different points in space simultaneously.

Bit of a mixed reaction to Rog’s new show.

https://tinyurl.com/4wu9c6pk
Well, if you don’t like stories go to the bar or go home. Better still stay at home. I very much doubt Rog would object.
You could also go and get your money back during the reading bit saying you thought it was going to be music.
That last idea is quite funny- “excuse me, can I have my money back, I thought it was music but he’s reading“

It's still a legitimate complaint. If the gig was promoted as a musical performance, then people who bought tickets for that are entitled to a refund if music does not make up a sufficient part of the running time. It doesn't matter if Waters always intended to do readings for most of the run-time; it's what the tickets were sold as that counts.

Consider opera, where you can have an work presented as excerpts, full recitals or a full staging, and woe betide the promoter who misadvertises a full recital as a "full performance"..

It's still a legitimate complaint. If the gig was promoted as a musical performance, then people who bought tickets for that are entitled to a refund if music does not make up a sufficient part of the running time. It doesn't matter if Waters always intended to do readings for most of the run-time; it's what the tickets were sold as that counts.

Consider opera, where you can have an work presented as excerpts, full recitals or a full staging, and woe betide the promoter who misadvertises a full recital as a "full performance"..
Waters allegedly informed the audience at the start of the performance that it was going to be split into different parts though, according to The National News, so those who waited out the storytelling apparently witnessed a great show. The musician kicked off the music portion of the show with a new song called "The Bar," followed by a different rendition of "Mother" from The Wall. Then, he and his band tackled The Dark Side of the Moon Redux in its entirety.

They received a standing ovation at the show's conclusion, and then played again at the venue last night (Oct. 9)

Seems it wasn't all bad for those who had some patience.

Read More: Roger Waters Tells Crowd to 'F--k Off' During Show, Fans Walk Out | https://loudwire.com/roger-waters-t...5BI2WU&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Same as you Tony. Born in 1964 and also growing up in the seventies, all this seems part of my life. The fight against racism, homophobia and prejudice in general has led to whom I am today – and what my own kids have become.

He probably read "the history" on Al Jazeera.
Is that the best you can do? Even Haaretz gives a more balanced account of what's going on than most UK media. Probably why Netanyahu hates them.
30,000 dead and counting, all the hospitals, schools and places of worship destroyed, is that proportionate? Is the ongoing Nakba that's continued for 80 years not likely to get some "push back"? There's plenty of video evidence of what is going on.

Same as you Tony. Born in 1964 and also growing up in the seventies, all this seems part of my life. The fight against racism, homophobia and prejudice in general has led to whom I am today – and what my own kids have become.
What have you brought to the fight.

advertisement

Back