advertisement

Remembering multiple passwords

Yup, this is what I recommended earlier.

Keep it somewhere mildly obscure if you're paranoid.

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread.

btw, info sec is my business and I've been in IT since the '90, with the proliferation of accounts and passwords.

I've got an A5 spiral pad and it's kept in a small fireproof safe, that has a mechanical lock & key.

I use previous address with numbers and capitals but all one 'word', don't have to try to remember old / childhood address. Also use paper in a safe

Little black book. Lock it in a drawer or home safe when not needed. It amuses me that people actually take up the offer of on-line services to store their passwords...sort of defeats the object! I know just one computer security expert. He is more paranoid than I am and keeps a hand written book plus employs data encryption for an additional off-board flash drive password storage which he keeps separately. His advice was never to store such things onto your hard drive or to use a 3rd party on-line encryption service password storage service (many are offered these days with premium home PC security packages).

The beauty about actually using your organic digits, a pen and paper, is that you can see at a glance your passwords, easily scribble and update as required and when a page gets too scribbled on, tear offending page out, burn or shred it and write another!

advertisement

Back