advertisement

Rega RB250 in the works...

cj66

pfm Member
Said arm has been in a drawer for years now.
It has a bias problem, wanting to veer strongly outwards from the decks spindle, to the point of being unusable .

I have assumed this was due to a rather naff rewire that was done to it, I'm reasonably sure the DIY loom used is too stiff and badly executed, plus a completely missing pillar bung/plug/thingamywotnot.

Maybe my Googling skills are failing me but I can't seem to find a "standard" rewire kit. Everything seems to be the Carlos Fandango Super-pooper upgrade for a hundred notes plus. Am I wrong to not want to spend the original value of the entire arm on a few lengths of wire?

Anyway, recommendations invited on a kit/way to get the arm operational again for far less sqiddlies are invited.

Audio Origami will do a rewire for £80 or maybe he’ll be happy to sell you the wire if you diy? Worth a try….

I've bought Cardas Litz from this fella a few times

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11244623...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Use whatever you like for arm pillar to amp but Van Damme pro patch works really well for little money.

Similar to the Incognito kit but a lot cheaper and very much the entry level option.

If you go with J7 he'll recommend Ikeda over the other options.

I have one of his reworks which uses Kondo silver fairy wire which is a bit fragile by comparison (and very good it is too).

I also have a brand spanking new RB3000 waiting in the wings but haven't had time to try it out yet.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It's just wire. Pick whatever's thin and flexible enough and available in the correct colour codes. Avoiding having to buy a 100M reel of each colour is likely the issue!

For now I've done an Arkless, found a shop with suitable wire for peanuts and an interim job is done.
The player has been in storage for a long while and I'm not out of the woods yet.
Definitely need a new belt and to check the power supply and motor. I'm getting a pulsating or helicopter sound from the motor itself. I think it's playing very slightly slow as well.
Once that's done I'll treat it to something like an AT-VM95ml, I think the Elan is probably well past it's best, not a cart. I was enamoured with but it's the only one I had.

20220804-225538.jpg

advertisement

Back