advertisement

Rega 50th anniversary: what’s next?

This is a really bold green initiative by Rega. The pricing certainly looks to make this a guaranteed success, as well. As bonus, 100 quid off Planar 1 ECO DECK, with Planar 1 Plus ECO DECK to follow, should put a dent in crap entry level Pro-Ject sales. Scratch that cheap Pro-Ject purchase, buy a Rega ECO DECK and do your bit for the environment whilst at the same time purchasing a far more advanced bit of engineering.

Interesting, that both P2 and P3 'B' grade acrylic finish plinths will be utilized for Planar 1 ECO DECK as well, making this endeavour as green as can possibly be within the Rega parts sphere.

https://www.rega.co.uk/news/item/save-money-and-the-planet-with-rega-green-grade-products

I am waiting on a CD player to match the IO and bundled into the “Rega System Two”

That and another Tuner and streamer… might be in for a long wait.

The rep assured me they are about to release a more upmarket speaker shortly
This will fill a noticeable gap in this area!!

They have sold seconds B-stock before.
Now maybe they've got a larger batch and thought some marketing would be appropriate.
Definately a great bargain, already some of the best budget decks around.

They have sold seconds B-stock before.

I bought three b-stock tonearms and two of my friends bought them too. They were mint. I couldn't find a mark on them. I don't know what the exact story was but I would buy one of these decks without hesitation.

That's a £170 savings on Planar 1 Plus!

The green P1 Plus is a very good buy. On these 'green' decks you're effectively getting a £100 phono stage for an extra £30. Ideal for a starter deck.

Proud enough to go so far as to have a custom dustcover badge on these.

Yes, that's Daft Punk "Random Access Memories" on Columbia.

Fv-Nnfi-PX0-AEb-OCl.jpg

Curious about the speakers - last series was a wash out...felt like didn't get the attention they needed.

Curious about the speakers - last series was a wash out...felt like didn't get the attention they needed.

New Kyte is great IMO, doesn't seem to be very popular though.
Maybe they need a front grill option to be accepted widely, or simply are too expensive, as many can choose cheap Chinese Wharfdales or Q Acoustics.
Rega System One gets you some of the very best sound at reasonable price new.

New Kyte is great IMO, doesn't seem to be very popular though.

I think that once a manufacturer fails to become known for a particular type of product it's hard for them to recover from that. Naim speakers are the same and did you even know that Wharfdale and Thorens made amplifiers? The fan boys buy them but no one else even looks.

New Kyte is great IMO

I had Kytes here for a short while and they really sang powered by an IO with a signal fed from a P9/RB1000/Apheta and Ios phono stage. They now reside at my daughters and are powered by the same IO fronted with an early P1 fitted with a Bias
cart and an Apollo CD player. Still sounding good.

advertisement

Back