advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Mrs Wilson on Netflix was a nice change from the excessive gratuitous sex, violence, swearing, drugs that is part and parcel of most offerings these days. It’s based on a true story centred around the last wife of a bigamous fantasist writer working ‘in intelligence’ and the trail of women and children he left behind.
Well acted by Ruth Wilson - the granddaughter of the central character.
(It was a three part series by the BBC in 2016).

Mrs BB said she wanted to watch ‘The Bee Keeper’ on Sky tonight, I told it would be rubbish, she said she’d heard it was good. She was badly mistaken. Absolute Pap, some of the action scenes were actually funny.

Cheers BB

Mrs BB said she wanted to watch ‘The Bee Keeper’ on Sky tonight, I told it would be rubbish, she said she’d heard it was good. She was badly mistaken. Absolute Pap, some of the action scenes were actually funny.

Cheers BB
I was recommended to watch that too. Not sure…

Cheers BB

It's a Jason Statham movie. Switch off brain and reach for the popcorn.

Not to be taken seriously on any level whatsoever.

Just finished Fallout which was nicely entertaining. I have a minor awareness of the games which helps. Non-gamers may find it a bit odd in places. Good fun though and doesn’t take itself too seriously.

As a bit of balance. A film I absolutely would not recommend is Midsommar on Netflix. Now I'm no whimp when it comes to graphic injury scenes generally, but there's a scene in this film that I had to turn away from, as it's about the context. I had to switch over and stop watching.

It's not helped by the fact that all of the main characters are more than a bit disfunctional, socially odd and weird and their interactions/reactions to each other just seemed very bizare to me.

I love Midsommar but you have to watch it to the very end before what the film's really about snaps into focus. The director has described it as the mother of all break-up movies. Amazing performance from Florence Pugh.

The scene you're referring to is a bit gratuitous and is by far the most graphic scene in the movie (at least if we're talking about graphic violence).

Last edited:

advertisement

Back