advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Took an Apple TV 7 day trial because Mrs BB fancied ‘Masters of the Air’. I didn’t realise it’s released weekly. It’s not a patch on Band Of Brothers or The Pacific but it’s watchable. Will probably subscribe until we’ve watched a few other things in there, I fancy ‘Silo’ next.

Cheers BB
Quite a few really good shows on ATV. Prob worth signing up for a month every year or so and binge a few series.

Slow Horses
Tehran
For All Mankind
Ted Lasso

Mrs AA is a fan of The Morning Show

Took an Apple TV 7 day trial because Mrs BB fancied ‘Masters of the Air’. I didn’t realise it’s released weekly. It’s not a patch on Band Of Brothers or The Pacific but it’s watchable. Will probably subscribe until we’ve watched a few other things in there, I fancy ‘Silo’ next.

Yes, now that Netflix has won the streaming wars the latest thing in streaming is recreating linear TV nominally to bring back "water cooler moments" but really to stop the sub-binge-unsub model.

Silo is ok. Criminal Record is great and well worth your time. Episode 7 of 8 is this week so you can get the best of both world's by binging it this week and getting the fianl episodes "live".

Slow Horses, Black Bird and The Afterparty if you haven;t seen them elsewhere.

Yes, now that Netflix has won the streaming wars the latest thing in streaming is recreating linear TV nominally to bring back "water cooler moments" but really to stop the sub-binge-unsub model.

Silo is ok. Criminal Record is great and well worth your time. Episode 7 of 8 is this week so you can get the best of both world's by binging it this week and getting the fianl episodes "live".

Slow Horses, Black Bird and The Afterparty if you haven;t seen them elsewhere.
Criminal Record is on the list already, thanks for the other ones.

Cheers BB

Cheers BB
Criminal Record, Slow Horses & Severence
are the best things on there. Silo starts well but becomes incredibly dull.

Although be warned that Severance is something of a marmite show. As is The Afterparty to a lesser extent.

Agree Silo got a a bit dull.

Enjoying Better Than Us on Netflix. A multi stranded drama thriller In Russian about a state of the art Robot with a story the weaves in and out of crime, corruption and human relationships, frailties and redemption.

The Greatest Night in Pop on Netflix. It's a documentary on the making of "We Are The World" in 1985. Very worthwhile.

Have just finished watching One Day. I was a bit sceptical to begin with, as the premise of a bright girl from a state school falling in love with a dimmer public school boy seemed a bit predictable, but the strength of acting quelled my doubts. The actor who plays Dexter may well feature in a Damon Albarn biopic, if anyone is fool enough to make such a thing. And there are what look like BBC loudspeakers (BC1?) in the final episode.

Blue Eye Samurai on NETFLIX is superb.

The stylized 2d/3d animation draws you in to the story and you feel like you are there.
The story has hints of Kill Bill to it but broader in context.

Blue Eye Samurai on NETFLIX is superb.

The stylized 2d/3d animation draws you in to the story and you feel like you are there.
The story has hints of Kill Bill to it but broader in context.
Agree about Blue Eye Samurai...a feast for the eye, often looking like an antique Japanese print miraculously become animate. The story was good, if not brilliant, and all in all each episode was a treat.
Not the sort of thing I normally watch, but really, a superb piece of work.

advertisement

Back