advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomorrah was free to air not so long since, last two series were amazing

Indeed, I watched the first 3 series of Gomorrah and first 2 series of Berlin Babylon last year free to air, but the latest series are extra. I was well miffed as I really enjoyed both.

Finished Giri/Haji on Netflix last night. A Japanese/British crime drama that I enjoyed a lot. It was originally shown on the Beeb last year, but isn’t on iPlayer. Recommended.
I've been meaning to recommend this too.

But's not really a crime drama. There is a bit of Yakuza-ing in it, but it is about the relationships between the characters and the interconnecting results of honour/betrayal/redemption/hope/loss between them.

Enjoyable to have the japanese based parts actually spoken in japanese.

The final scene of the series is very unusual, unexpected and well done.

Very enjoyable to watch, unlike my next recomendation.

Unorthodox - Netflix
Very difficult, uncomfortable four parter about a teenage girl's escape from a difficult marriage within a New York Hasidic community to freedom in Germany.

Shot in Yiddish/German and English language, very challenging look into a way of life that was completely unknown to me.

Very well done, but not an easy viewing.

Watched Extraction on Prime. For a standard shot 'em up it was pretty good. Very authentic looking locations in Bangladesh and cracking action camera work. Worth a watch IMO.

Intrigued by Tales From the Loop on Amazon Prime.
Stories based on the art book by Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.
I Especially like Philip Glass’ soundtrack throughout.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Started watching the new Epstein documentary last night, Maxwell needs to be locked up, horrible pair of individuals.

The movie Hail Caesar is on Netflix in the US. Just over half way through and really enjoying it.

I was looking forward to it, and normally love Cohen brothers films. Hail Caesar didn't work for us.

Uncut Gems
Adam Sandler
Wow brilliant film.

I was expecting something brilliant like Punch Drunk Love, but we found Uncut Gems hard work. Sandler for us is hit and miss.

Just started/having a go with

Space Force series on Netflix.

Not sure yet, good cast though.

I don't like series, I prefer a story told in one go > films.

Have just finished White Lines on Netflix.
Ludicrous plot but made me feel nostalgic about lads holidays to San Antonio back in the late 80's.
Mama & Papa Calafat stole every scene they were in.

I see No Country for Old Men is coming in June which is a must see

Ludicrous plot but made me feel nostalgic about lads holidays to San Antonio back in the late 80's.

I finished it yesterday. As you say a ludicrous plot, but enjoyable none the less.

I see No Country for Old Men is coming in June which is a must see
It was ok but 5 episodes too long, all the characters were terrible self obsessed types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back