advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch Once Upon a time in the West the other night, over 50 years old but the vision and cinematography that Sergio Leone uses with a beautiful soundtrack, perhaps the best Western ever?

It would be a tough choice between 'The Shootist' or 'Unforgiven' for that accolade.

Just started the 5th series of Billions on Now TV (7 day free trial); so got 4 episodes binge watched today; will watch the rest over tomorrow and Sunday :)

Westworld is on there too, supposed to be very good...

May sacrifice Netflix this month and go for Now TV; struggling with Netflix currently. Finding Prime to be so much better...

Just started the 5th series of Billions on Now TV (7 day free trial); so got 4 episodes binge watched today; will watch the rest over tomorrow and Sunday :)

Westworld is on there too, supposed to be very good...

May sacrifice Netflix this month and go for Now TV; struggling with Netflix currently. Finding Prime to be so much better...

whilst on Prime, why don't you try my output? ;)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7996170/

the majority of film critics would disagree

Film critics are like hifi reviwers. I have no interest in their opinions. I know what I like. They're welcome to their opinion but it is just that, an opinion. Not a judgement from on high.

Been watching Unforgotten after the recommendations. Lovely series. The writing is often striking. We’re on series 4 now but haven’t the nerve to hint to my wife the sadness ahead.

Film critics are like hifi reviwers. I have no interest in their opinions. I know what I like. They're welcome to their opinion but it is just that, an opinion. Not a judgement from on high.
Your original response made it sound like you were an authority that’s all, enjoy whatever you like... that is the important bit.

Well what is it Pilgrim...?

The Ballad of Cable Hogue, Heavens Gate, Bad Day at Black Rock, Silverado, McCabe and Mrs Miller, Bad Company, Jeremiah Johnston, Little Big Man, Will Penny, The Outlaw Josey Wales and the last one I watched Hostiles.

Good call on Outlaw Josey Wales :D

Pale Rider and High Plains Drifter are really good films also

Open Range is a superb film...

Big fan of Appaloosa too :)

The Searchers or Big Jake are up there for me too
Loads of great westerns, True Grit and surprisingly the remake, Westworld not really a western but I always think of it as one cos of Yul, Costner loves his cowboys - Dances with Wolves is a nice film.

News of the World is pretty good on Netflix. The series Hell on Wheels about building the railways is worth a watch.

This is drifting into a western recommendation thread! I love most of the aforementioned films but before the thread gets back on topic I’ll put in a vote for MAN OF THE WEST and BONE TOMAHAWK.

Mick

Your original response made it sound like you were an authority that’s all, enjoy whatever you like... that is the important bit.

I love my films (over 1000 on iTunes and still growing) :D

But when it comes to series; I struggle to be honest. Limited patience etc...

Bar the likes of Band Of Brothers, The Pacific, The Sopranos etc; I haven't watched that many (but enjoying Billions currently)...We have just watched Narcos on Netflix and that was really good...

Oh; The Mandalorian on Disney was superb!

This is drifting into a western recommendation thread! I love most of the aforementioned films but before the thread gets back on topic I’ll put in a vote for MAN OF THE WEST and BONE TOMAHAWK.

Mick

Didn't enjoy Bone Tomahawk at all; too OTT for me

Wyatt Earp has to be up there for me, superb film. One of Costner's best

Watched Blue Story last night. It was originally pulled from Cinema release because of gang violence at venues. Story of 2 friends from different London postcodes. I thought it was very good, if a little predictable. We had to watch with subtitles to keep up with the dialogue.

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back