advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started the 5th series of Billions on Now TV (7 day free trial); so got 4 episodes binge watched today; will watch the rest over tomorrow and Sunday :)

Westworld is on there too, supposed to be very good...

May sacrifice Netflix this month and go for Now TV; struggling with Netflix currently. Finding Prime to be so much better...

Really like Billions, the latest series stopped midway, we thought it was because of Covid but maybe Damian Lewis needed some time off. It’s quite interesting in our house because my wife and I root for different characters.

Cheers BB

Film critics are like hifi reviwers. I have no interest in their opinions. I know what I like. They're welcome to their opinion but it is just that, an opinion. Not a judgement from on high.
I'm convinced that film critics write not to inform the public, but only to impress other film critics with their sagacity.

I’ve just cancelled my subscription to Netflix as I felt the quality of content was seriously lacking, good new programmes seemingly none existent, the price hike and I’ve exhausted anything that is any good such as Breaking Bad, Ozark, Better Call Saul etc. Anything else worth exploring like Prime, Now TV, Brit Box?

Well what is it Pilgrim...?

The Ballad of Cable Hogue, Heavens Gate, Bad Day at Black Rock, Silverado, McCabe and Mrs Miller, Bad Company, Jeremiah Johnston, Little Big Man, Will Penny, The Outlaw Josey Wales and the last one I watched Hostiles.
I have a real fondness for Jeremiah Johnson. A film with heart.

‘Nomadland’ is on Disney +, stunning film stuffed with brilliant performances from the entire cast. Highly recommended.

Life. Now re-showing on Amazon Prime. An excellent and really quite scary alien movie.. Featuring the gorgeous Rebecca Ferguson and Ryan Reynolds (also gorgeous):D.

Speaking of ‘Life’ and Damien Lewis , there is a rather wonderful series by that name, don’t know how you can catch it but it’s well worth tracking down.

We're getting stuck into the 2nd season of Godfather of Harlem and so far it’s as gripping as the 1st season. All the caste are excellent: Vincent Di’Onofrio is terrific in a slobby-evil sort of way and Nigel Thatch as Malcolm X is uncanny.

Really like Billions, the latest series stopped midway, we thought it was because of Covid but maybe Damian Lewis needed some time off. It’s quite interesting in our house because my wife and I root for different characters.

Cheers BB

He's just lost his wife after a long illness, maybe he was looking after her?

Gave up on Mare. Too much chat, too American, didn’t seem to be any point in it.

Enjoying Trapped though, thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back