advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say homecoming on Amazon Prime is bloody amazing. Julia Roberts is a superb actor anyhow but the whole crew is brill and the recording, music, general ambiance is on point. Watching episode 7 with, I think the opening music to the Thing, or escape from newyork one or the other, great stuff!

Really worth the watch this one. I feel Amazon seems to be more about quality than Netflixes quantity.

Having a hard time finding something new that fits our bill, we are watching older films (again) -

Escape From Alcatraz (1979) Clint Eastwood

Entertaining to watch this again, we have both been to Alcatraz (separate occasions) which adds something.

Sparse soundtrack, but effective. Patrick McGoohan plays a convincing baddie.

Currently available on Amazon prime

rather liked runaway jury with gene hackman ahd dustin hoffman on prime

One of the best Grisham books and a pretty good adaptation. Moving from smoking to guns was probably a good idea and certainly more resonant currently.

Just watched (grimaced through) Midway on Amazon prime rental.

Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

What a load of complete and utter guff.

I want my money back.

Avoid.

New and exclusive to Netflix - Shaun the Sheep: Adventures from Mossy Bottom Farm. Shaun the Sheep’s long been a favourite series (even without children in our house) so seeing this appear was a nice surprise.

Mick

Speaking of unusual and weird SF. Lexx is on Prime just now. It's a kind of Krautrock/Lynchian version of Trek ...

Or a space Singing, ringing tree.

This is not for kids ...

MV5BOGFjMzQyMTYtMjQxNy00NjAyLWI2OWMtZGVhMjk4OGM3ZjE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Great ship ...

0w7Fv8QIwJjmZlfS6ud5AuZylDCEa9KMtg6cmt-mBzI.jpg

Horny robot head.

latest

Stephen

Just happened upon a French spy thriller called "The Bureau" on Prime. Its very good, starts slow and builds up into a nice drama. No gratuitous violence or sex (well one bottom) but a very taught thriller. French secret service and their assets in Algeria. Lead actor so French he could be the man from the stella advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back