advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, surprisingly it’s on neither Netflix or Prime. However, the whole film is on YouTube so you don’t even need a subscription! Great film.

If you like Lock Stock take a look at The Gentleman on Netflix.

I was looking for Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, surprisingly it’s on neither Netflix or Prime. However, the whole film is on YouTube so you don’t even need a subscription! Great film.

The Gentleman - I don’t often watch tv/films, but that is up there, a fine film.

The real Jesus with Robert Powell who played Jesus in the famous zefirelli film. On the Smithsonian channel and on prime. Not the usual rubbish, very thoughtful and interesting

Yes I enjoyed that film also highlighted it on the thread

We have been watching the 3rd series of "The Sinner" on Netflix, no doubt BBC4 will show it on their Sat night slot soon knowing my luck. It is as good as the others but, there are a lot of strange, damaged people in it.
If you don't mind paying a bit more then Amazon have "Zen" with Rufus Sewell (Man in the High Castle) as an honest Italian policeman, I think there were only 3 episodes. Like Wallander (Branagh version) and Young Wallander it is set in the country of origin but does not try to put on accents but details on the settings, mannerisms and customs.

Sure this has been posted before but 'Rake' on Netflix is Aussie Crocodile Dundee for the legal profession. Really enjoying it. The women are attractive and mad which helps also but have had a good laugh and lashed through 6 episodes last night.

Sure this has been posted before but 'Rake' on Netflix is Aussie Crocodile Dundee for the legal profession. Really enjoying it. The women are attractive and mad which helps also but have had a good laugh and lashed through 6 episodes last night.
Yes it is rather good

It was hidden away on ITV for a few years, Ronan Keeting got me into it-yeah that one, worth sticking with it to the conclusion.
Finished it (The Americans) last night, regretfully. Bittersweet (and rather unexpected) ending with lots of unanswered questions. Often highly improbable, but really good, strong characters, often torn between duty and personal feelings. I particularly liked the way it involved real-life events that I remembered (Reagan and the "Evil Empire", "Star Wars", stealth aircraft, submarine propeller design, Russians in Afghanistan, Gorbachev, glasnost, perestroika and the bargaining over medium-range missiles).

We’re bingeing on Cobra Kai on Netflix, also enjoying The Dark, Occupied and Ragnarok.

But the best news is that all of Egrenages (Spiral) is back on iPlayer. Hopefully S8 just around the corner. Spiral is absolutely among the best shows out there IMHO...

Mosul on Netflix
Based on true events. If you can get through the unrelenting violence it’s worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back