advertisement

Recent purchases

I've listened to it now. The version of "We See" is the standout - completely insane, whilst still being strangely faithful to the original. Made me laugh out loud more than once.

Recommended, especially if you're a Monk fan and know the originals.

-- Ian

Originally posted by sideshowbob
Pelt, Keyhole II. Live recording from 2001, with the helpful sleeve note "Play at 45 or 33 rpm". Not listened to this yet.

Sunburned Hand of the Man, The Trickle Down Theory of Lord Knows What. Also yet to play this, have high hopes based on an article in a recent issue of The Wire. (Note to space cadet - the nervous geek behind the counter in Rough Trade, who's clearly into this stuff, told me that (a) Pelt have a new studio album out next month which is, in his word, "brilliant"; and (b) Sunburned Hand of the Man are playing in London soon, supporting Julian Cope at the Lyric Hammersmith, which should be a fun evening).

I've got the first Keyhole lp, which is very floaty... I seem to have quite a few records in this vein, hence I haven't got the second installment yet, no doubt I will though. Did you like it?

I'll see if I can catch SBHotM when they come over here. They do a date in Birmingham as well which is a bit closer to me. The album 'Headress' by them is my 3 yr old son's fave album at the moment, you should see him groove to it!!

Can't wait for the new Pelt album. Apparently they have moved away from the epic drone tracks and gone for the more 'traditional' deep south tunes which they had a couple of on 'Ayahuasca' (a copy of which is coming your way very soon...)

advertisement

Back