advertisement

Radio Paradise

garyi

leave blank
I have been listening to this for a few days as a change to the normal routine.

How do they manage to make every song sound the same, at the same pace and in the same intonation?

I can only imagine its like taking heroin but without the high.

Is this a thread about radio stations we do not like ?

I do not like Classic FM.
Hallam FM.

And hundreds more - simples don't tune in.

Life can sometimes be less disappointing if you stick with your normal routine.

I was just interested to understand if they are applying a filter, I dont understand how katie meluer can sound like led zeplin. Its like Vaseline on photos.

I think that it has changed considerably over the years. It use to be far more eclectic that it now seems to be. Americana MOR seems to be the dominate vibe.
Maybe he positions his station were his audience is?.. rather that be radical and try and grow on audience for something more challenging? Money is everything..... even to hippy dippy Callifornian 'alternatives'

I quite like Paradise Radio; no adverts and no inane chatter. The music does flow from one track to the next such that one can hear similarities between contiguous tracks. But over the course of 30 minutes or so you can wonder how on earth one got to this point.

wot he (HarryB) said...

I listen to it most days, certainly don't get bored.

Something has changed on the RP playlist in recent months, there seems to be a lot less of real interest. I had put it down to a long winter ruining the mood.

No real complaints about the sound though, it's internet radio after all.

Frequently the pattern for days working at home:

R4 until politics turns it into a rousing game of 'shout at the radio' - RP until they play Dire Straits or Coldplay - FIP - R4 - occasionally search through all sorts of barmy stuff looking for fun new stations to bookmark, and fail - RP/R4/FIP - repeat in random order.

Interrupt the above and switch to R4 at some point between the start of PM and the 6.30 comedy. Stay on R4 until just after 7 and 'dun der dun der dun der-CLICK' turning-off-the-Archers o'clock.

I accidentally left the Archers on the other night and instead of the semi-pleasing 'Archers but not really listening to it' experience that John Finnemore captures so well, I was half traumatised by the sound of some poor woman dying and terrified. Never again.

More on topic, I think RP does do some vaseline filtering, but at least there's the odd decent track to discover. I quite like it sometimes, and have bunged them the odd fiver over the past few years.

Whenever I've dipped into RP it sounded rather dull and boring to me. WFMU is a far more engaging and interesting listen IMO.

I'm strictly a Stellar Attraction sort of guy, nothing else matters...

Radio France FIP. It has a central station playing all sorts, they have themed evenings and so on, then you can go to FIP Jazz, World, Electro, Afrobeat, take your pick.

Thanks, I’ve now put a bunch of FIP stations on my LMS. I think Autour du Jazz is already my new favourite music channel.

RP certainly not excessively American MOR this morning. SInce turning it on we have had
- Is you is or is you ain't
-Come together
- Suzanne Vega, Blood makes noise
- Sheep
U2 - Bad
Now Neko Case, so Americana, but I can enjoy a bit of that. At least they stay off Katy Perry, Broccoli Spears, and the other teenage pinups. No complaints this morning so far.

advertisement

Back