advertisement

Radio Paradise

Thanks, I’ve now put a bunch of FIP stations on my LMS. I think Autour du Jazz is already my new favourite music channel.

I also added France Musique La Jazz, which I have been listening to for an hour or so. I’ve only just twigged that every song in that time has had ‘Monday’ in the title. It’s fun to discover that for yourself (or not, it doesn’t matter of course) without having a DJ to point it out for you. I’ll be watching the playlists carefully in future.

Fair play to RP, listening earlier to a Michael Hedges track and I was stopped in my tracks by the startingly good sound quality through Bluesound node2. I loved the song an promptly cued it up on Tidal (hifi account) and was underwhelmed by the lack of dynamics, presence and slam compared to RP stream. I dont know if they’ve introduced flac on bluOS yet, but sounding damn fine to me.

Late to the party. Finally got my first streamer over the weekend only to discover the compressed hell that is internet radio, no better than my Pure digital radio in the dining room. Today I decided to Google "high quality internet radio" and discovered Radio Paradise. Then I found this thread just now.

I think the sound quality on RP is very good, obviously source dependent which varies greatly between tracks, and the music selection generally agreeable with a few lapses. Given my previous diet of compressed internet stations, dull DAB and nice but rolled off FM (on a vintage Sony tuner), the wide bandwidth, especially HF air and extension was a bit of a shock.

The fact that it is listener supported/ad free, and best of all, free from radio announcers with a sense of self importance (yes, that's you 6music) is the icing.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll explore these when I get tired of RP. Only been listening since this afternoon!

LOL, Gary. That made me laugh. Because I know what you mean but confess to listening maybe once a week for the last 5 years if not more. The TuneIn Radio App is my pic and its a Fav in the app. Yup, repetitive it can be but a nice break from ads when you fancy it, for what it is - of course!

Best wishes.

For casual listening I find RP very hard to beat. Didn’t realise it was now available with the flac so I’ll have to look into that.

Rob

Radio France FIP. It has a central station playing all sorts, they have themed evenings and so on, then you can go to FIP Jazz, World, Electro, Afrobeat, take your pick.

France Musique la Jazz seems to be having a Wareham/Hutchings/Rochford theme night. Loads of Comet, Kemet, Polar Bear, Acousic Ladyland etc etc. Great!

advertisement

Back