advertisement

Quick fun Q - In Japan - should I pick up a new cartridge while here?

I was in Yodobashi yesterday drooling over the at art1000.. that had the full phasemation range as well as shelter and zyx. Lots Of lovely audio trinkets..!
If you happen to be in again, if possible would you be able to note down a few Yen prices for some of the common carts.. be interested in an Hana ML

Quick check using the 8% and 5% discounts for tax free and credit card

OC9-XML £340
OC9-XSL £470
Shelter 501 III £530
MP500 £405
VM740ML £201
AT-ART9XI £815

Can’t see any Hana at that store

If you happen to be in again, if possible would you be able to note down a few Yen prices for some of the common carts.. be interested in an Hana ML
I never see Hana in Tokyo/Osaka .. I highly suspect its an OME product made solely for the oversea market. I actually raised this question a few years back. You can go to Yod, website. Just use the search function in English..
The owner can communicate in written English. This is use for reference only because they don't have duty free. Last time I use their advertised price to ask Yod. for a price match. Also, all audio product prices in Japan are 10% tax included.

Quick check using the 8% and 5% discounts for tax free and credit card

OC9-XML £340
OC9-XSL £470
Shelter 501 III £530
MP500 £405
VM740ML £201
AT-ART9XI £815

Can’t see any Hana at that store
I think CC discount has been eleminated since the pandemic

I never see Hana in Tokyo/Osaka .. I highly suspect its an OME product made solely for the oversea market. I actually raised this question a few years back. You can go to Yod, website. Just use the search function in English..
The owner can communicate in written English. This is use for reference only because they don't have duty free. Last time I use their advertised price to ask Yod. for a price match. Also, all audio product prices in Japan are 10% tax included.
What an amazing stock list! I love all the headshells and accessories you rarely see outside of Japan.

That Shelter Harmony at Yodobashi looks like very good value at under £1600 if they still do -10% tax free at the counter.

advertisement

Back