advertisement

Question Time

The BBC appear happy to broadcast far-right people who incite racial hatred, because they keep doing it. They are bad news.

Jack

Perhaps the BBC left the tape up so that people could see what kind of people these are. Folk have the intelligence to judge for themselves, you know, Jack.

Worryingly I'm not sure if some folk do possess that intelligence.

I would suggest that this woman represents a very, very small minority in this country. It is a minority which is very much less small in a number of other European countries.

This is no doubt why people are starting to move out of England.

Jack

I thought you said that if the Tories won the election you were going to move to Germany or some such thing ?

Mind you, you also said that you would be voting Green in the last election and you voted Labour,

you also said that you would be voting Green in the last election and you voted Labour,

There wasn't a Green candidate in the constituency I live in. They stood down for a Lib-Dem former banker. There was no chance I was going to vote for her.

Jack

I thought you said that if the Tories won the election you were going to move to Germany or some such thing ?

Mind you, you also said that you would be voting Green in the last election and you voted Labour,

He would've done, but he can't sell his pad for more that it's actually worth. Always a buggeration of grand expat plans, that.

Jack, there are 32,000 more rEU citizens here this year than last on account of all the French and German banks setting up offices in London, surely you can find some rich banker to buy your place at a still useful price?

White supremacy had been held down in Britain with the attendant decline in the NF, BNP etc. The EDL was suppressed for a period because its leader Yaxley-Lennon aka ‘Tommy Robinson’ had become a client of the Home Office/Security Service and temporarily disavowed violent racism following whatever the pressure was that they applied to him. Brexit has changed all that along with a lengthy period of softening up public opinion by the tabloids. “Tommy Robinson” is back and so are his legions.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

The ground is now fertile, we even have a Prime Minister who uses overt racist language (even though Farage has been fastidious in avoiding it unless it blurts out when under pressure). The BBC has a link to a known racist spouting unchallenged on QT. All the whataboutery and minimising won’t make the problem go away. It’s right here, how do you tackle it? Here’s one idea- stop the state broadcaster promoting it unquestioned.

Last night’s QT was rather more intelligent. Nadhim Zahawi held to account on many issues and predictably failing under scrutiny. A week without fascism! \o/

advertisement

Back