advertisement

Priti Patel

On black lives matter - "However, during a radio interview on Friday morning, Patel said she did not support the protests. Asked if she would be prepared to take the knee, she replied: “No I wouldn’t, and I would not have done at the time either."

“There are other ways in which people can express their opinions, protesting in the way that people did last summer was not the right way at all … I didn’t support the protests. Those protests were dreadful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-out-at-dreadful-black-lives-matters-protests

On black lives matter - "However, during a radio interview on Friday morning, Patel said she did not support the protests. Asked if she would be prepared to take the knee, she replied: “No I wouldn’t, and I would not have done at the time either."

“There are other ways in which people can express their opinions, protesting in the way that people did last summer was not the right way at all … I didn’t support the protests. Those protests were dreadful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-out-at-dreadful-black-lives-matters-protests
I wonder what those other ways are. Writing to your MP, perhaps, or writing to the Daily Telegraph. Perhaps talking loudly about it in the saloon bar. No, I've got it. Donating a large sum to the Tory Party will get your voice heard and you'll probably get a knighthood too.

I wonder what those other ways are. Writing to your MP, perhaps, or writing to the Daily Telegraph. Perhaps talking loudly about it in the saloon bar. No, I've got it. Donating a large sum to the Tory Party will get your voice heard and you'll probably get a knighthood too.

You could always debate it on a hifi forum.

So, to recap: it appears £340,000 of our tax money has been spent on an out of court settlement covering a disgraced government minister who remains in post.

PS Ruth Davidson must be absolutely livid!

So, to recap: it appears £340,000 of our tax money has been spent on an out of court settlement covering a disgraced government minister who remains in post.

PS Ruth Davidson must be absolutely livid!
You need to add in his legal fees and her’s. It’ll be north of half a million. They’ve spaffed a fortune in keeping the Good Law Project away from their VIP Lane friends. All of this is dwarfed though by the PPE and failed test and trace scheme. That was in the billions.

If I was Labour/any opposition party my future election campaign would be: ‘Things Tories spend *your* money on...’ and some basic accountancy. I’d dig up every stolen/wasted penny and publish it. If there is one thing tax payers hate it is having the piss taken out of them, and this government takes the piss to a truly criminal level.

I’ve used the example elsewhere, but I live in a fairly poor working class area. The biggest local employer is a 24hr Asda and I’m prepared to bet the total employee tax take from that one store is way less that the Conservative Party have misappropriated to buy the Home Secretary out of a bullying accusation. It may well be more than the whole town generates in income tax. My bet is the people who work there would be utterly horrified/livid that money deducted from their meagre salaries for healthcare, schools, social care, fixing the terrible potholes etc has been used for corrupt self-serving shit like this.

At this point - would it be wrong to post a pfm-affiliate link to amazon for a really-good Pitchfork ? One might find them from Spear&Jackson inc free delivery - under £25...

advertisement

Back