advertisement

Prime Suspect: Is this the worst thing I’ve ever seen?

Didn't see it but it would need to going some to beat "Pet detective 2", the biggest heap of steaming ordure I've ever had the misfortune to sit through.
A friend had press tickets to a press launch of that and so we went along. Simon Callow was in the cast and attended the screening - I saw him afterards and thought how could you bear to show your face and be associated with THAT.

Her acting skills were not my prime motivation.

Ah! I'm a silent witness to your being the prime suspect here.:)

Woodface, I thank you not for confusing me sufficiently to run downstairs to get the TV schedules as I couldn't believe I'd missed a new series of Prime Suspect. Quite amusing that it took a number of posts for someone (Narabdela) to twig but not before I'd run out of breath!

Watched the first two-parter of Silent Witness last week and thought it was borderline okay but too convoluted in its plot, but I liked Adam, the new assistant (for one show). Didn't bother with Monday's as I read it was about boxing, for which I have no interest at all. Nice to know it was rubbish, then.;)

Woodface has had a couple of pops at me. This car-crash thread has given me a warm glow :) Not that I’m one to gloat of course….

Ah. Silent Witness?
Oh yes, complete nonsense. It's a bit like Casualty, where they have medics acting like detectives or social workers.
Or in this case pathologists being the police.
Nice work for some.

I call it Board Shitless, it’s cliche ridden hogwash and unfortunately the wife loves it.

Pete

Just watched it off the hard disc… Silent Witness that is. It’s just sort of average. It’s not that bad to throw anything at the telly but it doesn’t have you on tenterhooks for the next instalment. For domestic harmony I spend 90 minutes each day watching the box. It’s often a chore.

I think the worst thing I’ve ever seen might be the bloke in the toilets of my local pub who was relieving himself via his todger held in one hand and simultaneously topping up again via the beer glass held in the other. But I haven’t seen either Prime Witness or Silent Suspect, so I admit they could be worse.

It's weird when that's the case. I had a girlfriend who looked like her (own) father, that strange thing where you see it then you don't, depending if she smiled or frowned or talked. And yet she was still delicious. I even used to look at her father out of the corner of my eye to see if he had qualities I considered might be 'universally attractive'. When he was drunk once he said, you're always looking at me young fellow, what is it you want?
OMG, I was wondering what was about to happen when you said you were both drunk. Anyway, have you ever told a Psychiatrist about theses thoughts?

Prime witness, I think it is the 25th series.

Ran out of steam years ago, who is in charge of 'the team' now ?

Had some credibility when the their leader was from Sheffield but turned to pants years ago.

Watch Happy Valley again far better drama.

My wife watches Silent Witness from time to time and, from the few bits I've seen of it, it does seem like absolute shite.

advertisement

Back