advertisement

Prime Suspect: Is this the worst thing I’ve ever seen?

Woodface

pfm Member
Ok, I am generally a defender of the BBC & home grown drama but, OMG, how bad was Prime Suspect last night. The final scene, Karaoke, FFS, I wanted to rip my eyes out. Emilia Fox is generally terrible but, wow, I’ve never seen the like.

Can't see Jack now without comparing him to Data in Star Trek TNG. The hair colour is so even if looks like it is dyed.

It was never the same after they killed off DI Jane Tennison. ;)
My cheap excuse for posting a photo of a young, tousle-haired Helen:
young-helen-mirren-17.jpg

Last series was tolerable and I have to admit to a teeny weeny liking for Emilia.. but the current series is a shambles..and Emilia is far from the worst actor in it.

I can't deal with her, looks too much like her father.
It's weird when that's the case. I had a girlfriend who looked like her (own) father, that strange thing where you see it then you don't, depending if she smiled or frowned or talked. And yet she was still delicious. I even used to look at her father out of the corner of my eye to see if he had qualities I considered might be 'universally attractive'. When he was drunk once he said, you're always looking at me young fellow, what is it you want?

I remember at the time Prime Suspect winning a best drama award over Alan Bleasdale's GBH. The majority of judges actually voted for GBH over Prime Suspect. When the judges complained they were told the ballot papers were destroyed and the result could no longer be changed.

I have not watched this series since the first one, I have met quite a few pathologists and none of them are as get up and go as that lot, people mainly go into the profession so that they do not have to interact with other humans :)
I saw the trailer for this series and thought they were trying to out do the Sky effort "Wolfe" which was particularly unrealistic.

Oh dear, I’ve just realised that I act meant ‘Silent Witness’ but in my defence I was a little tipsy at the time due to a liquid meeting in London.

Happy for the mods to change the title, don’t think I can?
I did wonder lol.

IMHO, the recent seasons have suffered from the problem many series do IMHO, they put just as much emphasis on the character's back-story or problems as they do on the crime. Some context is useful but f**k my tall hat, when it becomes more important, it defeats the point of the series. Wolfe is just as bad, that's the series about a divorced / estranged dad of a teenage daughter who just happens to look at dead bodies and work out what killed them. I don't care a single jot for their problems at home. I want crime, efforts to solve crime, chase, gunfight, crime solved.

I normally avoid the programme, but did see this two-parter.

The Wife wasn’t pleased as I kept going on about bad it was, but by the end she did acknowledge that it was poor.

I can use this thread as evidence that it wasn’t just me being me.

advertisement

Back