advertisement

President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we start a support group here? i am having trouble coping with this outcome.

vuk.

It was a surprise for me to hear that Trump's budget for the elections was only half of Clinton's.

Arye

In the Washington Post they say $1.3bn for Clinton and $795mn for Trump.

Obscene and stupid amounts of money. I guess its good that the cash will filter into real businesses across many sectors.

It was a surprise for me to hear that Trump's budget for the elections was only half of Clinton's.

Arye

His frequently outrageous comments earned him a colossal amount of free air time. A century ago, Australian soprano Dame Nellie Melba famously said, "Love me or hate me, but don't ignore me." Donald learned that lesson well and kept himself in the public eye. In many ways the media are responsible for his success.

a bomb from paul krugman:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

2016-11-09T00:42:44-05:00 12:42 AM ET

It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.

Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world’s most important economy would be very bad news. What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in, eight years after the great financial crisis.

It’s true that we’ve been adding jobs at a pretty good pace and are quite close to full employment. But we’ve been doing O.K. only thanks to extremely low interest rates. There’s nothing wrong with that per se. But what if something bad happens and the economy needs a boost? The Fed and its counterparts abroad basically have very little room for further rate cuts, and therefore very little ability to respond to adverse events.

Now comes the mother of all adverse effects — and what it brings with it is a regime that will be ignorant of economic policy and hostile to any effort to make it work. Effective fiscal support for the Fed? Not a chance. In fact, you can bet that the Fed will lose its independence, and be bullied by cranks.

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.

/o\

It will be interesting to see Trump meeting May, Merkel and, dare I say it, the Queen given his unorthodox method of greeting women!

Vuk, that I suspect is about the size of it. In comparison to what is likely to happen an email server location scandal and a few dodgy backroom deals will look like a comedy interlude.

I'm an American. Don't worry they will learn to hate him soon enough.
Clinton was the lesser of 2 evils. Trump is unpredictable. Most likely he
will alienate his base as well as everyone else and his own party (though he
was never really a Republican). We have reached a high state of political dysfunction in the U.S.
He is Anti Democratic @ the core and a Demagogue.

My Chinese Prof. and the Arab taxi drivers I spoke to this morning are pleased Trump won. They, and apparently most of their fellow countrymen, really do not like Clinton. Hardly a scientific sample, but interesting nontheless.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see what happens when the hicks realise they've been had.

It might take a while. It seems to be the case in the UK.

Could this be the Trump-mobile for the upcoming motorcade in Sinaloa to celebrate the wall?

images

Quite a mistaken and bigoted view of a typical Trump supporter.

So give us a photofit of a typical Trump supporter given the man they voted for is bully, a misogynist, a racist, a proven liar, 80% of Trump's given facts have been shown to be lies, Clinton rates 28% which is below average, and a narcissist.? Just what was it in a character like that that they saw in themselves that they could relate to?

Because that leaves us with , wrapping himself in the flag shouting "God bless Merika" and "Remember the Alamo", which is about as "hick" as I can currently think of.

Quite a mistaken and bigoted view of a typical Trump supporter.

Some are hicks.
Some are rubes.
Some are deplorable.
Some are just simple farmers, people of the land, the common clay of the American Heartland--you know--morons.

And I assume some are good people.

FireMoon,

I don't know what a typical Trump voter looks like, but Ted Nugent has peed his pants over Trump's victory.

https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/

I can't link directly to the embedded video, but see if you can find the one of Ted peeing himself.

Joe

More seriously: I fully recognize that many Trump voters were just ordinarily good people behaving like ordinary people do, when they FEEL THEIR CULTURE AND RACE ARE UNDER THREAT. 61% of the public has a negative view of Trump, last poll I saw, so a lot of people voted for someone they don't like. What makes people do that? Fear, anger, resentment, stuff like that, that's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back