advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Sounds like Steve Bannon is having a bad day legally (Twitter). \o/
get-attachment.asp

Somewhat related to this thread - A quote from a Trumper running for the US Senate in Georgia:

Here's what the Georgia Republican Senate candidate said about climate change during a recent campaign event:
"Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then -- now we got we to clean that back up."

You cant make this up... trouble is there is a large proportion of the voting public who will believe such fools.

Somewhat related to this thread - A quote from a Trumper running for the US Senate in Georgia:

Here's what the Georgia Republican Senate candidate said about climate change during a recent campaign event:
"Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then -- now we got we to clean that back up."

You cant make this up... trouble is there is a large proportion of the voting public who will believe such fools.

At least Walker has a potential excuse, CTE. The rest are corrupt and/or stupid.

He missed out the bit about (corporate) America exporting their pollution to China when they closed all of the US factories and offshored production to China. But hey, must be the fault of those nasty foreigners.

Another amazing day at the Jan 6th hearings. Lots of bitesize segments/highlights if you go to the channel above. I’m still catching up myself…

Some crazy and incriminating audio of Steve Bannon plotting prior to the coup attempt (Twitter). This really was exactly what it looked like. An attempt by the far-right to overthrow and remove American democracy. It was/is fascism.

All good stuff, but is Garland actually going to do anything about it? I have my doubts.

https://news.yahoo.com/prosecute-trump-merrick-garland-investigating-110009413.html

The problem, Rosenzweig and other former prosecutors said, is that convincing a jury that Trump is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt will still be difficult — especially when the former president, armed with good lawyers, can challenge that evidence.

“We know from the polls that about 30% of the American people think Trump did nothing wrong on Jan. 6,” Rosenzweig said. “Thirty percent of a jury is three or four people. I think getting a unanimous conviction will be nearly impossible, even in the liberal District of Columbia.”

It seems there is a fundamental problem with American justice. If you are an ordinary citizen you can quite easily be sent away for decades for a crime you did not commit, but if you are rich (OJ, Trump) you are almost untouchable.

The key point.

I'm somewhat optimistic that Garland's DOJ is still working its way up the food chain, attempting to strike deals, with the aim of minimizing the chance that a case brought against Trump fails in court, which would really be a catastrophic outcome.

advertisement

Back