advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

News Flash:

Donald J. Trump has just been found liable for "Sexual Assault/Abuse", "Battery" and "Defamation" by a jury of 12 in a Manhattan Civil trial -not Criminal trial- against E. Jean Carroll.

$2 Million in damages for the Sexual Abuse, and $3 Million for the Defamation.

...Sadly he managed to skate the "Rape" charge.

Post note: The Trump campaign will appeal this verdict stating "Unconstitutional Silencing".

News Flash:

Donald J. Trump has just been found liable for "Sexual Assault/Abuse", "Battery" and "Defamation" by a jury of 12 in Manhattan. $2 Million in damages for the Sexual Abuse, and $3 Million for the Defamation.

...Sadly he managed to skate the "Rape" charge.

Well, it's something. I guess the "She's not my type" defense doesn't really hold up.

I am hoping to go to the 2024 GOP Town Hall debates to ask the question:

"Have any of the panel been found to have committed "forcible touching" in a department store?"

Also it's important to note here that the jury only didn't find that he probably raped her because they couldn't it was impossible to be sure if he assaulted her with his finger or his mushroom.

PBS Frontline's excellent piece about Clarence Thomas:

(I hope this isn't blocked overseas)

It's the US, don't bet on it.
I personally wouldn't - the whole Trump circus has taken on the aspect of a cult, where the leader can do no wrong, no matter how much actual wrong he does. Like it or not, Trump has activated dark forces lurking within the USA and has given them free rein. Edmund Burke famously said that the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Here's hoping that the USA can find enough of them.

I personally wouldn't - the whole Trump circus has taken on the aspect of a cult, where the leader can do no wrong, no matter how much actual wrong he does. Like it or not, Trump has activated dark forces lurking within the USA and has given them free rein. Edmund Burke famously said that the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Here's hoping that the USA can find enough of them.

It is amazing that over the years he has managed to get away with so much, yet generally escaped any real negative consequences. Plenty of people have tried in various ways over the years to hold him to account yet he always seems able to dodge it, basically by refusing to accept either responsibility or punishment. This has created in his mind (or what passes for it) and those of his supporters a belief that he cannot be touched, and is somehow above any 'real' wrongdoing.
I know this recent case was civil and not criminal, but despite the verdict he will be able to appeal before ultimately paying the damages, and then just brush off the whole thing as unfair, and as a politically motivated with-hunt and nothing more.

Should the cases forming re. his actions in Georgia and on Jan 6th actually result in genuine punishment and see him locked up, it will destroy his myths, his brand, and (after some trouble no doubt) his support. At least, I hope so.

I the whole Trump circus has taken on the aspect of a cult, where the leader can do no wrong, no matter how much actual wrong he does. Like it or not, Trump has activated dark forces lurking within the USA and has given them free rein.

He's literally just been found liable for a list of sexual and legal assaults and given a $5m sanction.

advertisement

Back