advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Trumpy has been granted leave to attend son Barron’s graduation - hilarious.

He has never attended any of his offspring’s graduations. So the performative whining, during which he welled up and took out a tiny violin, at the prospect of not being able to attend - has now got him lumbered with having to go. Arf. I like the MTN take that Barron may now appeal. :)

Nightmare for Barron and his mother.

Oh dear, you really are in danger of blowing an aneurysm. So it’s Biden and Harris’s fault? What’s the problem, economy doing too well? Reproductive rights not popular? I suggest looking at actual results and watching as Trump’s problems deepen. He has always had a solid noisy base, that is not growing. The noise will grow though, almost in direct proportion to the trouble he is in. The Dems have the capacity to upset some parts of what is otherwise a far broader coalition of views. But this must be offset against a raft of Republicans who will not vote for Trump.

Far too early for hysteria around Biden, or playing into MAGA narratives about him being the one who is senile. One of these guys is a decent person you may have some policy issues with, the other is a criminal lunatic who is increasingly desperate. Expect that to be rammed home increasingly as Trump’s circus comes under increasing scrutiny.

Polls on State economies get a thumbs up from voters. Ask the same question on a national level and it's thumbs down on the economy.

According to the FT, MTG is going to try to oust the Speaker next week. Hopefully, this will be the end of her.

Isn't that an admission of another insurrection plot? How on Earth he is not serving life already is a huge indictment, the longer he's out the more stupidity is unleashed.

Isn't that an admission of another insurrection plot? How on Earth he is not serving life already is a huge indictment, the longer he's out the more stupidity is unleashed.

This is the USA - huge difference between the intellectuals and the rednecks. Their culture is very isolated, like the Galapagos Islands. Odd life forms develop and flourish.

My aneurysm is coming along nicely...

if the Supreme Court comes ot in favour of trump and gives him immunity, then this is a green light for Biden to have Trump locked up in the case of any shenanigans regarding trump refusing to accept the election result!

if the Supreme Court comes ot in favour of trump and gives him immunity, then this is a green light for Biden to have Trump locked up in the case of any shenanigans regarding trump refusing to accept the election result!
Locked up? He should just have him extra-judicially executed along with his chief enablers. Why not, if he has immunity.

I can't help wondering whether there's a perhaps subconscious fear factor involved. Everyone knows that many of Trump's followers are violent and are prepared to use violence in his interests. Does that equate to a tendency on the part of more rational people to soft-pedal anything involving Trump, so as to avoid an outbreak of violence?

Strikes me that the SC is using this case as a legal thought experiment (but with real-world consequences). The debate seems to have moved on from immunity for Jan 6 to a broader debate on the Office of the Presidency and immunity.

A close and contestable election that favours Biden will certainly increase the chance of violence. I doubt Trump will do much to get in the way of it as jail and bankruptcy await him on the other side.

I can't help wondering whether there's a perhaps subconscious fear factor involved. Everyone knows that many of Trump's followers are violent and are prepared to use violence in his interests. Does that equate to a tendency on the part of more rational people to soft-pedal anything involving Trump, so as to avoid an outbreak of violence?
Yes.

Strikes me that the SC is using this case as a legal thought experiment (but with real-world consequences). The debate seems to have moved on from immunity for Jan 6 to a broader debate on the Office of the Presidency and immunity.

A close and contestable election that favours Biden will certainly increase the chance of violence. I doubt Trump will do much to get in the way of it as jail and bankruptcy await him on the other side.
Get in the way of it? He yearns for it to the bottom of his black soul. All along he's been warning of death and destruction as consequences of anything preventing his return to power. He wanted to personally lead the mob on Jan 6, and he'd love another chance to do that. His violence and bloodbath talk are aimed at Incitement. https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ential-death-and-destruction-if-hes-indicted/

Get in the way of it? He yearns for it to the bottom of his black soul. All along he's been warning of death and destruction as consequences of anything preventing his return to power. He wanted to personally lead the mob on Jan 6, and he'd love another chance to do that. His violence and bloodbath talk are aimed at Incitement. https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ential-death-and-destruction-if-hes-indicted/

We are saying the same thing - more a matter of written style.

Trump certainly has put a lot of eggs in his election basket: freedom, power, money, ego, relevance, identity - essentially, his very being. A cornered Trump after losing the election? His supporters will definitely try something and be encouraged to do so indirectly by Trump but he won't be in the WH like last time which could mitigate matters somewhat.

We are saying the same thing - more a matter of written style.

Trump certainly has put a lot of eggs in his election basket: freedom, power, money, ego, relevance, identity - essentially, his very being. A cornered Trump after losing the election? His supporters will definitely try something and be encouraged to do so indirectly by Trump but he won't be in the WH like last time which could mitigate matters somewhat.
Hah. I see. It was your absolute understatement that triggered my hyperbolic response. We agree that in the best case there will be trouble ahead.

blob

advertisement

Back