advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

kendo,

Yeah, the crud of recrudescence is remarkably apt in this instance.

Joe

An article reminding us that, although we might have countered the plague carrier to some extent, the plague remains with us:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dail...a8421379791988652b4610cbf95&esrc=nldailypromo

As the last paragraph says:

For critical observers, it has always been apparent that everything Trump offered the public came slathered in snake oil. That is either a statement about the willful blindness of the American public or a barometer of how many Americans view those dangerous liabilities as assets. In either case, the McCarthy example provides at least one other insight: fixating on the salesman misses the point. The problem is, and always has been, the size of the audience rushing to buy what he’s been selling.

Have to admit, I would like to see a T***p/DeSanctimonious debate. It would be ugly, and would diminish them both.

My goal for today is to use recrudescence in a sentence. No luck so far.

How the New York Post reported Trump's announcement...

dvdv.jpg

I don't expect Rupert Murdoch will be getting a Xmas card from the tangerine twister

Whilst it’s heartwarming to see Murdoch’s platform being pulled from under him, it does emphasise how much unwarranted power he has.

I want him to be right, but right wing politics seems to have lots of cockroach DNA. We've seen things happen in the UK that should, in any normal circumstances, have sunk the Tory party without trace, yet they are still there, still doing those same sort of things. I fear the US might be similar.

I want him to be right, but right wing politics seems to have lots of cockroach DNA. We've seen things happen in the UK that should, in any normal circumstances, have sunk the Tory party without trace, yet they are still there, still doing those same sort of things. I fear the US might be similar.

The Tory Party only exist as a credible political force due to the gerrymandering of FPTP and the complicity of an absolutely spineless Labour Party. They have zero mandate. The US system relies on similar elite corruption. Neither should ever be viewed as legitimate democracies, in both cases far more vote against right-wing minority rule than for it.

advertisement

Back