advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Somebody interviewed on the BBC news yesterday said that, if Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination and DeSantis does, he'd not be surprised if Trump stood as an independent, to peel his base away from DeSantis out of spite. That'd be great. I really, really hope it happens.
There's not a lot that Trump does really well, but one of them is spite.

10.METRO-final-copy.jpg

Trump will not accept his status, this is all good. Now it will be the GOP who will be hoping he's locked up LOL.

These toads who enabled and backed Trump now think they can control the monster they put in place. Hilarious. Here's to Donny Boy doing a Ross Perot in some form and splitting the vote. De Santis would be well advised to thing about his intention to run, because if Trump is still in the picture he will think nothing of further sh1tting the GOP bed rather than see De S win.

The Dems now need to concentrate very hard on a very effective succession. If successful in 2024 they need to finish dealing properly with abortion rights, voter suppression, gerrymandering and get on with removing the fillibuster. In short, stop taking a spoon to a knife fight.

Last edited:
I was musing that if Drumpf had been President instead of FDR he would have entered WW2 on the Axis side, occupied Canada and destroyed Mexico...
And probably made Scotland into golf courses.

I was musing that if Drumpf had been President instead of FDR he would have entered WW2 on the Axis side, occupied Canada and destroyed Mexico...

The took the US out of the Paris Agreement and is waiting for Greeland to defrost.

The took the US out of the Paris Agreement and is waiting for Greeland to defrost.
Did Trumpty Dumbty not want to buy Greenland from Denmark?

What I cannot understand is why they keep on selecting geriatrics with one foot in the dementia ward and the other in the grave to run for president. It's known that mental performance peaks when one is around 45 - 55 years old.

Did Trumpty Dumbty not want to buy Greenland from Denmark?

What I cannot understand is why they keep on selecting geriatrics with one foot in the dementia ward and the other in the grave to run for president. It's known that mental performance peaks when one is around 45 - 55 years old.

Ageing conservative population choosing their own kind?

Given that the young have come out and voted, might we hope that the likes of AOC and Kamala Harris get their turn sooner rather than later?

As many have pointed out he is very close now to being a Democrat asset as he is going to wreck their primaries and generally cause mayhem and problems for the GOP and (hopefully) the odious Desantis. Also "Desanctimonious" was peak Trump and his best diss name in years.

As many have pointed out he is very close now to being a Democrat asset as he is going to wreck their primaries and generally cause mayhem and problems for the GOP and (hopefully) the odious Desantis. Also "Desanctimonious" was peak Trump and his best diss name in years.

While I hope that's the case, he won't have nearly as much reach with Murdoch "deplatformimg" him, so to speak, so I wonder if the damage will ultimately be limited.

While I hope that's the case, he won't have nearly as much reach with Murdoch "deplatformimg" him, so to speak, so I wonder if the damage will ultimately be limited.

I think he is done electorally, but he doesn't need much to cause the GOP problems. His super loyal base dominates the tiny voter base that matters in primaries where candidates are selected and this is the 30% that might even (fingers crossed) end up splitting off.

Arguably this is the whole reason that the GOP hasn't been able to get rid of him in the past. And ironically has inflicted the same downsides of radical minority rule as they have on the country.

No far off, you should read Philip Roth's The Plot Against America, an amazingly prophetic book.

advertisement

Back