advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a tape measure to check the focusing out, I take a picture wide open on a number and zoom in to see what’s in focus, it’s best if the tape is straight out in front of you.

Pete

I have tried focus peaking on b&w and I get the red high lighting.
Interesting. Old film cameras used to have the focal plane marked on the body for just that reason.
Where do you put the zero on the tape? I'm guessing it's at the sensor position but where is that? Half way down the body depth close enough?

Just run the tape out and focus on a number, then check the photo to see if it’s in the middle of the depth of field.

My Sigma art 35mm f1.4 has 4 different distance zones that you can adjust with the adapter and computer.

Pete

Looking at sunshine while getting completely drenched.

i.php

It was almost impossible with the last gen of film cams IIRC (unless you deliberately pressed the right button) but oh so easy on some models.
She has lovely eyes but vomiting trees is not that good a look :)

But the end result is rather beautiful!

I really like it, especially if I crop the top of her hair a bit - her eyes and expression penetrate all of the chaos, she looks beautiful, confident and strong.....

Yes, a great shame, but the double exposure does create a slight sense of mystery I guess. She is certainly a very beautiful young woman, and just as you say, confident and strong. She has the most remarkable, cold blue eyes. This is one of 4 somewhat snatched 'test' frames, we had intended to do some more considered portraits, but as happens, she moved onto another job and a new life, and slipped away. Work brings people into your periphery for a year or two, but then they are gone, and she was one such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back