advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4405_balloon_600px.jpg

Hot scotch bonnet right outside the kitchen window just now... one of three as it turned out.

/straight reduction from iPhone SE; this happens a lot in summer here - so much for '500ft above the city '! but I don't mind in the least; Something enchanting about watching the usu low& slow pass / roar of burners/ hearing chatter from the basket.

IMG_4405_balloon_600px.jpg

Hot scotch bonnet right outside the kitchen window just now... one of three as it turned out.

/straight reduction from iPhone SE; this happens a lot in summer here - so much for '500ft above the city '! but I don't mind in the least; Something enchanting about watching the usu low& slow pass / roar of burners/ hearing chatter from the basket.

Nice pic, and I don't want to be churlish, but Virgin would be better occupied sending me a new remote for my V6 box, after the 200th time of asking.. instead of ****ing about in balloons.. I've had about all the hot air I can take from them!!!:mad:

Live view and focus peaking works well for me.

Pete
Cheers Pete. At this moment I'm using the viewfinder mostly and use the focus confirmation arrow/dot bottom left. At first I though it was front focusing about an inch, but then found that on f1.4 close up there is about nil D.O.F and I sway :)
Alsi B&W focus peaking is invisible. I'll try it however for any tripod stuff, where i do use live view. Ta.

Nice pic, and I don't want to be churlish, but Virgin would be better occupied sending me a new remote for my V6 box, after the 200th time of asking.. instead of ****ing about in balloons.. I've had about all the hot air I can take from them!!!:mad:

order online - ours came in about 3 days.

I've tried hundreds of times ...Apparently there's a 'technical error' which means I need to start my order again. After three days of that I put in a complaint..which days later is apparently 'with one of their advisers'.
Useless shower and typical obstructions in the way of any meaningful communication.

Cheers Pete. At this moment I'm using the viewfinder mostly and use the focus confirmation arrow/dot bottom left. At first I though it was front focusing about an inch, but then found that on f1.4 close up there is about nil D.O.F and I sway :)
Alsi B&W focus peaking is invisible. I'll try it however for any tripod stuff, where i do use live view. Ta.
I use a tape measure to check the focusing out, I take a picture wide open on a number and zoom in to see what’s in focus, it’s best if the tape is straight out in front of you.

Pete

I have tried focus peaking on b&w and I get the red high lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back